• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Appalachian State is kicking Delaware's butt right now

EduBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

It looks like my alma mater Appalachian State is about to win it's 3rd Div I-AA championship.  It's amazing that Div 1-AA seems to be able to manage a legitimate playoff series and championship within a 15-week season, but somehow Div 1-A can't.  Hmmm....

I hope they play and beat another big 1-A school in 2008.  They play Georgia (2009), Florida (2010), and Va Tech (2011) - you think those teams are scared? 

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

I have and always will love Appy State. Family vacationed every year about 15 miles from Boone, and I love their campus. They are for sure my 2nd favorite team. Go Mountaineers!

P.S. Today in the Athletic facility, I talked to our safeties coach Troy Douglas (App State alum) and asked him if he was ready for the game tonight, he responded "You know I am, I should be wearing my Mountaineers shirt right now!"

Sweet - 44 secs left in the 1st half and App leads 28 - 7. 

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

It's amazing that Div 1-AA seems to be able to manage a legitimate playoff series and championship within a 15-week season, but somehow Div 1-A can't.  Hmmm....

This is because there is not nearly as much money involved in I-AA football as there is I-A football. They could pick their champions by plucking names out of a hat and very few people would care. The games are exciting, but the championship is meaningless compared to the I-A title.

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Watching game on 360...35-7 App. 3rd Q.

11:02 in 4th Q, App leads 35 - 14.  The Fighting Blue Hens of Delaware are gettin COOKED!

6:02 in 4th Q and App scores again. 42 - 14.  The Fighting Blue Hens have been rolled in batter and are now being deep fried.

It's all over now. 49 - 21.  App has it's 3rd national championship. 

• Content Count:  5,903

App. state is insane. They really work as a team.

How about the ending? I thought that cop was going to arrest the UD player... or maybe smack him with a nightstick.

Archived