• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sundome: Sun Bowl game feed?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone heard anything about this yet? Or is it just a pipe dream?

I'm sure the main objective (for the Athl. Dept.) is to get people to go to the game but they should be savvy to the fact that many fans will not be going and that they (USF) could/would make a bundle from the Sundome. Early and proper marketing is required. Not this "last to the minute" and "students only" stuff.

They could market it as the "Bulls Bowl" and/or "End of Year Tailgate Party" and have/allow pre-game tailgating in the parking lots. They could have contests, give-aways, and prizes. Sell food and drinks not only in the dome but out in the parking lots. I'm sure there is much more that I am not even touching base on.

Is there any known feed back from the Athl. Dept./School?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  416

An interesting idea would be for anyone who purchases a ticket and donates it would be able to watch it at the sundome\whereverr. You could then have a tailigaiting situation int he parking lot before the viewing etc. The thing you don't want to do is actually have a sundome viewing compete with actual tickets. While obviously a sun dome viewing party isn't a replacement good for most people, for some it may be close enough to save the travel money and watch the game with fellow bullies and bullievers.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Heck yeah, man!  The $$$ spent on the ticket would go to our allotment if we didn't sell out (and trust me, I don't think USF will be bringing 8,000 to El Paso)!

I like that idea...beers in the parking lot on a cool Florida December morning, and beers in the Sun Dome with the Bulls fanatics!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

using the sun dome makes sense when you have a game that is not available on TV -- in bars or satellite even---

but this is on CBS--- as the Rutgers game was on ESPN--- so people can watch it home or at watch parties or wherever they want.

A few years ago-- you could not get the Pitt game because it was on that dreadful ESPN360-- an internet feed that was nearly impossible to get without being on campus. THAT was an ideal time to have it at the Sun Dome.

• Content Count:  1,238

using the sun dome makes sense when you have a game that is not available on TV -- in bars or satellite even---

but this is on CBS--- as the Rutgers game was on ESPN--- so people can watch it home or at watch parties or wherever they want.

A few years ago-- you could not get the Pitt game because it was on that dreadful ESPN360-- an internet feed that was nearly impossible to get without being on campus. THAT was an ideal time to have it at the Sun Dome.

Yes but people are always saying that the "atmosphere" at an OCS is so much more than an Off-CS

So I would think that would also be true in this case and folks would want to party along with the campus

Instead of a bar or staying at home..."Next best thing to being there" kind of thing

But I must say that the campus may be a bit dead due to the time of year

There are pros and cons I'm sure but for me...I like the idea  ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

sorry-- but watching from the uncomfortable chairs in the Sundome isn't my idea of how to watch football.

Of course-- I'll be at the game. But if I were not able to go, I would rather be sitting in a comfy lazy boy, drinking a beer with some buddies.

well-- that's me. Perhaps it is a good idea for students. Who will staff teh event though? I would think they need all available hands out in El Paso.

dang--- I sound like a total Debbie Downer

• Content Count:  416

I don't the the personell manning the Sun Dome get free tickets to El Paso MikeG. While normally I agree that home is a better environment for watching a game, I think it's an interesting way to try and build a better community with the fans and students doing something casual at the sundome and it gives the papers\media a central area to talk about bulls fans whereas decentralized home viewing and bar viewing do not.

It's not a slam dunk of an idea but I think it's a good one to explore. The rutgers game was sort've a test bed that didn't have the details worked out. I believe there's more time for the bowl game.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

PLEASE!

Those of us who cannot make Hell Paso would LOVE this option...

Not sure if you've heard yet Mike, but the Dade City crew will be hosting a party for the game

• Content Count:  9,038

As long as this particular Debbie does in fact, Do Dallas...

PLEASE!

Those of us who cannot make Hell Paso would LOVE this option...

Not sure if you've heard yet Mike, but the Dade City crew will be hosting a party for the game

I sure did, Billy.  I saw Devon's blog on MySpace.  I am planning on attending this shin-dig!

• Content Count:  1,482

sorry-- but watching from the uncomfortable chairs in the Sundome isn't my idea of how to watch football.

Of course-- I'll be at the game. But if I were not able to go, I would rather be sitting in a comfy lazy boy, drinking a beer with some buddies.

well-- that's me. Perhaps it is a good idea for students. Who will staff teh event though? I would think they need all available hands out in El Paso.

You sound exactly like my dad.

Archived