• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why so much excitement about Sun Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

If the Gator Bowl picks USF this year...they will NOT be able to Pick a Big East team over the next two seasons.

They want to keep that OPTION...for this year.

SO...either we do the Sun Bowl now or LATER, you know?

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

It will also be nice to play in a stadium where there is no "home favorite" like there was in the MCCB two years ago with N.C. State.  It's good to play in a bowl that will sell out and NOT RELY upon a local team to sell it out.  And then the PapaJohns bowl is against C-DOA...so that settles that.

• Content Count:  26

I've always liked how this board is partial to using CAPITAL LETTERS to get their POINT accross

• Content Count:  12,293

I've always liked how this board is partial to using CAPITAL LETTERS to get their POINT accross

well i guess its better then having 1 big rambling paragraph that is hard to read.  (see your first post on this thread)

• Content Count:  2,461

It will also be nice to play in a stadium where there is no "home favorite" like there was in the MCCB two years ago with N.C. State.  It's good to play in a bowl that will sell out and NOT RELY upon a local team to sell it out.  And then the PapaJohns bowl is against C-DOA...so that settles that.

That.

In addition, the Pizzabowl and the CarCare bowl are just flat out considered 2nd tier bowl games. There is something to be said about playing in a Bowl on New Year's Eve or New Years day. We're lucky to have such a good chance at the Sun with losses to the teams that will be going to those two 'lower' bowls.

PERIOD.  ;D

• Content Count:  277

Bottom line: The Big East needs to get some better bowl tie-ins. 

Assuming Oregon falls out of the BCS (a good possibility against OSU) then the only Big East team playing a ranked opponent will be WVU.  Pretty sad when you're a BCS conference and the team picked second can't even play a ranked opponent.

• Content Count:  12,293

its just a weird season....normally the Sun Bowl would have a ranked Pac-10 team.  same with the Gator and Car Care bowl and the ACC

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

as much as i would love to see the team in the sun bowl playing a pac-10 team, i cant see how we would expect more people to travel to that then somewhere like the Gator bowl. As it seems, most of the people on the board are ready to go but I feel we are the minority (extra die hard fans sitting on a message board)and  I can't possibly see us having a big turn out at such a far-away location. I was at Rutgers, which in my opinion was our biggest road-game of the season (slight edge over auburn IMO because of what was at stake at the time) and we could only fill up one section of the stands in the corner.  If we can only do that traveling as the #2 team in the nation, how are we possibly going to have a good showing in a place harder to get to and with less prestige. I am as big a fan as anyone on this board, but im sorry to say i feel a little disappointed with going to the Sun Bowl...not that i am not grateful (before i start getting responses "at least we are going to a bowl") just that I feel our team would have been better represented along with our fan base in a better location against a team like BC instead of pac-10.  If i am way wrong and the Sun Bowl is alot more respected then the gator bowl then by any means and the fan base won't matter as much as the bowl name, tell me i'm a moron, but thats just my two sense seeing how everyone was rushing to call the director and get our votes in.

PS- this doesnt mean i'm not ******* excited to see them in a bowl game, just hoping that our fan base could have been put in a better and more affordable position

more people would defintely  go to the gator bowl

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

is it official that usf is going to sun bowl?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

is it official that usf is going to sun bowl?

No, but seeing we'll have adjacent rooms at the Camino Real, it's more cause for celebration...

Archived