• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why so much excitement about Sun Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

as much as i would love to see the team in the sun bowl playing a pac-10 team, i cant see how we would expect more people to travel to that then somewhere like the Gator bowl. As it seems, most of the people on the board are ready to go but I feel we are the minority (extra die hard fans sitting on a message board)and  I can't possibly see us having a big turn out at such a far-away location. I was at Rutgers, which in my opinion was our biggest road-game of the season (slight edge over auburn IMO because of what was at stake at the time) and we could only fill up one section of the stands in the corner.  If we can only do that traveling as the #2 team in the nation, how are we possibly going to have a good showing in a place harder to get to and with less prestige. I am as big a fan as anyone on this board, but im sorry to say i feel a little disappointed with going to the Sun Bowl...not that i am not grateful (before i start getting responses "at least we are going to a bowl") just that I feel our team would have been better represented along with our fan base in a better location against a team like BC instead of pac-10.  If i am way wrong and the Sun Bowl is alot more respected then the gator bowl then by any means and the fan base won't matter as much as the bowl name, tell me i'm a moron, but thats just my two sense seeing how everyone was rushing to call the director and get our votes in.

PS- this doesnt mean i'm not ******* excited to see them in a bowl game, just hoping that our fan base could have been put in a better and more affordable position

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

we would MUCH rather go to the Gator Bowl than the Sun Bowl but that isnt an option and hasnt been an option for a few weeks now.

• Content Count:  12,293

but going to the Sun Bowl is A LOT better then going to the Pizza Bowl again.

• Content Count:  155

we just better come prepared to win a bowl game... the pizza bowl against east carolina is a far cry from the sun bowl against oregon state.... we better be focused because it wont be the cake walk that ecu was

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

as much as i would love to see the team in the sun bowl playing a pac-10 team, i cant see how we would expect more people to travel to that then somewhere like the Gator bowl.

No one does.

• Content Count:  1,479

Sun Bowl and Gator are about equal in prestige and money I believe, its just being Floridians, we know and respect the Gator Bowl much more. Wasnt our allotment smaller against Rutgers? And I thought we sold out our allotment for Auburn and Rutgers. Cant travel any more than the allotment(except against FAU lol) It will be hard for people to travel, its more expensive, but its exciting and I still dont think the travel will be that bad. To be honest, if we would have gone back to Bham I didnt see us bringing more than last year. And nobody is expecting more people to travel to the Sun than we would have to the Gator, I think the Gator Bowl is stupid for passing up on 15-20,000 tickets sold to take a chance that Notre Dame will be good enough to go there in the next 2 years.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

BTW, did we return tickets from our Rutgers allotment?  I didn't think so, but am not sure...does anyone know?  I know ticks were tight and that might explain why we didn't bring 25,000. :) The allotment was probably only 5K or so...but I don't know.

• Content Count:  307

Yes, we sold them all...but I think our allotment was only around 1,800.  Sadly, I know there were some rutgers fans in the section who called the ticket office from New Jersey and bought tickets through them...They were a group of 4 sitting in the upperdeck with me.  The only respectful Rutgers fans I ran into while up there.

• Content Count:  2,726

DUDE...where have you been??? OF COURSE WE WANT TO GO TO THE GATOR BOWL!!!

But that is NOT an option right now...the Gator has said in many outlets that they will opt for a BIG 12 team this year.

BTW...The rutgers game was probably the HARDEST game to get tickets to this year.  The stadium there is Small and they sell out as it is...

I, as well as many friends of mine REALLY wanted to go to the game but could NOT find tickets for a reasonable FACE VALUE price.

We sold our allotment and thats IT!!!  I was at UConn and that was after a LET down game and we had at least 2 sections filled. 

The Sun Bowl is (a) GREAT FOR THE PROGRAM  (B) GREAT FOR EXPOSURE  © GREAT FOR VARIETY

There are many other things that are great too, the only thing is that its farther away...but as of right now, WE HAVE DONE ALOT OF RESEARCH ON THIS, and the SUN BOWL is the BEST OPTION.  Its either El Paso or back to the Pizza.com Bowl or we could freeze our buns off in Toronto.  Thats it...

Because the MCCB WILL take UCONN or Cincy before us...

That is all...

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  26

i see where you guys are coming from and i can understand a small allotment for the rutgers game because of the size of the stadium, i guess i was just venting more that the gator/sun bowl officials were too stupid to see this and see the benifits of filling up the stadium moreso then picking a better team...

Archived