• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just heard from a player that USF will go to

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea guys...we are NOT gonna make it to the orange bowl as great as that would be.

its pretty much a lock for El Paso

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Meccariello, how much do you sleep in a typical 24 hour period?

I'm thinking it's not just one person but rather a team effort working two 12-hour shifts .....

DumbDumber.jpg

• Content Count:  585

i think the loser of the big 12 championship will end up in Miami

I think it's more likely that they'll invite Georgia.  Here's the way I think it will go:

If Missouri wins the Big XII, they'll play West Virginia for the national championship.  The Rose Bowl will have Ohio State vs. USC (they're going to spank UCLA).  The winner of the ACC is locked into the Orange and the winner of the SEC is locked into the Sugar.  Bowls that lose a team to the national championship get first pick, which in this case would be the Fiesta, who would snag Arizona State if they're available.  The Orange picks next, and I think they'd take Georgia (closer fans, more local interest) to face BC/Va. Tech.  The Fiesta would select next, and I think they'd take Kansas over Hawaii, leaving Hawaii to the Sugar Bowl.  

Now, if Oklahoma wins the Big XII, that means Ohio State will go to the national championship against West Virginia, and the Rose Bowl would pick first.  I think they'd grab Illinois to maintain a Big Ten/Pac Ten match-up.  That would also send Oklahoma to the Fiesta Bowl.  I still think the Orange (who picks next) would take Georgia.  The decision for the Fiesta would then be whether they want Oklahoma to play Kansas (they never met in the regular season) or Hawaii.  I expect Hawaii to be the last team taken, since their fans would have to fly here from the islands to get to the game.  Therefore, I would expect it to be LSU/Hawaii in the Sugar no matter what.  

USFFan

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

a lot is mathematically possible... but people on this board need to cash in and use their return tickets from fantasy island... the sun bowl is a stretch... we are not going to a bcs bowl this year

who would go to the sun bowl if not usf?

arent sun bowl officials using bcs rankins???

• Content Count:  131

a lot is mathematically possible... but people on this board need to cash in and use their return tickets from fantasy island... the sun bowl is a stretch... we are not going to a bcs bowl this year

who would go to the sun bowl if not usf?

arent sun bowl officials using bcs rankins???

cinci, yes

• Content Count:  131

smazza, didn't u say usf would go to a lesser bowl for the conference losses. since you brag when you are right, say u r sorry for being annoyingly pessimistic and WRONG!

• Content Count:  10,219

sun here we come.

hope there are a few recruits (big hogs for the lines) in tx we can invite to the bowl and get some commits

Archived