• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eladio Espinosa signs with MBB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

USF received his letter of intent, so it's official: http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1312911

TAMPA, Fla. – University of South Florida men’s basketball coach Stan Heath announced today the signing of forward Eladio Espinosa to an NCAA Letter of Intent during the early signing period. The early signing period runs through Nov. 21.

Espinosa will enroll for the 2008-2009 season and have four years of eligibility remaining. The 6-foot-7-inch, 220-pound forward is currently at Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va., after spending his junior season at Victory Christian Academy in Charlotte, N.C. He is ranked the 30th-best power forward in the country and 129th overall in the ESPN 150 class of 2008 rankings.

"We’re excited to have Eladio join our program," said Heath. "He’s an athletic forward. Eventually he can play small forward or power forward. He gets up and down the floor very well and has good skills to go with that athleticism. In the last six months he’s gained 20 pounds of muscle that should add to his ability to contribute as a freshman."

Espinosa plays for Kevin Keatts at Hargrave. He played for Stan Kowalewski and the North Carolina Gaters AAU program and played for Mike Pratt at Victory Christian.

At Victory Christian, Espinosa averaged 13 points, seven rebounds and two blocks per game, while shooting 62-percent from the field. He was honorable mention all-conference and was named to the all-tournament team after helping lead Victory to the National Association of Christian Athletes national title. He tallied 15 points and eight rebounds in the final.

"I’m ready and excited to be a part of the USF basketball program," said Espinosa. "I want to come in and try to help wherever I can, work hard and push my teammates to work hard. I want to help USF get to the next level.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Good to see we got him signed after the Snake signed the other commit out from under us ...

• Content Count:  585

Congrats bulls fans. Hopefully, usf can get the basketball program turned around.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We will, but it'll take a few years.  I just hope the fans can accept that it will take a while.  We aren't rebuilding in CUSA, where there are 3 or 4 good teams.  We are in the BEast where there are 14 teams that are good, and 8 of them are usually ranked or close to, every year.  That is a tough job.

• Content Count:  585

We will, but it'll take a few years.  I just hope the fans can accept that it will take a while.  We aren't rebuilding in CUSA, where there are 3 or 4 good teams.  We are in the BEast where there are 14 teams that are good, and 8 of them are usually ranked or close to, every year.  That is a tough job.

Just hope he doesn't overstock you guys with forwards. During a 4 year span arkansas signed 10 forwards. While we need pg's/sg's. Wish you guys luck.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Well we do need forwards right now... so for now, its a good thing to get some size.

We are loaded with guards of all types right now.

Archived