• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amarri Jackson will likely end his career in ray jay...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

perhaps the problem is you are using that one game against Louisville as his benchmark--- who could ever expect to repeat that type of performance?

SOme folks act like he never saw the end zone again ro did a single thing right after that game. It simply isn't true. He dropped balls-- so did a lot of our guys. he made mistakes-- so did others. Why single him out? I think it goes back to this excessive expectations based on the one game and not realizing that it was a big night.

Why do we have fans who seem to enjoy throwing a player under the bus right before he graduates? It is very poor form imo-- people did it to Pat Julmiste too and all that guy ever did was try to help USF win games.

When your 6' 5" 207lbs run a 4.5 40 and are an excellent leaper you should be making plays.  Some of us are just disappointed he didn't live up to his great potential. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

perhaps the problem is you are using that one game against Louisville as his benchmark--- who could ever expect to repeat that type of performance?

SOme folks act like he never saw the end zone again ro did a single thing right after that game. It simply isn't true. He dropped balls-- so did a lot of our guys. he made mistakes-- so did others. Why single him out? I think it goes back to this excessive expectations based on the one game and not realizing that it was a big night.

Why do we have fans who seem to enjoy throwing a player under the bus right before he graduates? It is very poor form imo-- people did it to Pat Julmiste too and all that guy ever did was try to help USF win games.

Take a look at Amarri's career stats some time.

His three-season career has amounted to what would be ONE good season.

I took your advice, you are correct...if you are comparing him to Calvin Johnson or someone like that.

2005 - 3rd leading receiver as a sophomore basketball convert, 0 TD's receiving, 86 yards and 3 TD's rushing, 1 TD passing. (Andre Hall was the leading receiver, Amarri was 80 yards behind) - what was he that year the number 4 WR?

2006 - 3rd leading receiver beahing Randolph and Johnson (he was the No. 3 receiver and 3rd in stats hmm?), 3 TD's receiving (leader had 4), 10 carries for 50 yards. (113 yards and 23 catches behind Randolph) leader in yards per catch.

2007 - 4th leading receiver, out 2.5 games so far. 2 TD's (leader has 4), 1 carry for 5 yards.

You are comparing him to other teams' number 1 WR's. He is not (nor has he ever been) our number 1 WR. Even when healthy, he is a number 2 guy behind Taurus Johnson. Amarri has done more than has been asked of him. I know he has dropped his fair share of passes, but as Mike said, the expectations are through the roof for this guy. Last season as a number 3 WR, he put up the third best stats, isn't that how it is supposed to work?

None of our receivers over the last 4 years have put up big numbers. The most yards since 2004 was 506 by Randolph last year (the year of the Grothe). That isn't stellar by any means. It's not like Amarri's stats are so far behind our other receivers. We spread the ball out a lot, and run a lot, that's what you are going to get.

As for the 2005 Louisville game... AS A TEAM, we had 5 catches and 1TD reception (thrown by Amarri). He had a phenominal game, but only 2 receptions (75 yards though). He made the highlights running and throwing, not with great catches.

Does he have the skills? Yes. Has he dissapointed anyone by his numbers? Maybe, but the coaches have put him in a position they thought he deserved (always a 2 or 3 WR), and he has lived up to that. Maybe the coaches who see him in practice every day have realistic goals for Amarri.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I'm certain that the results of our 3 losses would be different with a healthly Amarri, T Johnson and Walker.  He was missed.

The good news is that we have a nice crop of young receivers.

he was healthy all of the Rutgers game, so lets say just 2...

Umm, no he wasn't.  He was injured on one of the Grothe interceptions (the one run back for a TD) and we didn't see him the rest of that game.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'm certain that the results of our 3 losses would be different with a healthly Amarri, T Johnson and Walker.  He was missed.

Umm, no he wasn't.  He was injured on one of the Grothe interceptions (the one run back for a TD) and we didn't see him the rest of that game.

That was UConn.

TJ was hurt @ Rutgers, Amarri the following week.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Take a look at Amarri's career stats some time.

His three-season career has amounted to what would be ONE good season.

I took your advice, you are correct...if you are comparing him to Calvin Johnson or someone like that.

2005 - 3rd leading receiver as a sophomore basketball convert, 0 TD's receiving, 86 yards and 3 TD's rushing, 1 TD passing. (Andre Hall was the leading receiver, Amarri was 80 yards behind) - what was he that year the number 4 WR?

2006 - 3rd leading receiver beahing Randolph and Johnson (he was the No. 3 receiver and 3rd in stats hmm?), 3 TD's receiving (leader had 4), 10 carries for 50 yards. (113 yards and 23 catches behind Randolph) leader in yards per catch.

2007 - 4th leading receiver, out 2.5 games so far. 2 TD's (leader has 4), 1 carry for 5 yards.

You are comparing him to other teams' number 1 WR's. He is not (nor has he ever been) our number 1 WR. Even when healthy, he is a number 2 guy behind Taurus Johnson. Amarri has done more than has been asked of him. I know he has dropped his fair share of passes, but as Mike said, the expectations are through the roof for this guy. Last season as a number 3 WR, he put up the third best stats, isn't that how it is supposed to work?

None of our receivers over the last 4 years have put up big numbers. The most yards since 2004 was 506 by Randolph last year (the year of the Grothe). That isn't stellar by any means. It's not like Amarri's stats are so far behind our other receivers. We spread the ball out a lot, and run a lot, that's what you are going to get.

As for the 2005 Louisville game... AS A TEAM, we had 5 catches and 1TD reception (thrown by Amarri). He had a phenominal game, but only 2 receptions (75 yards though). He made the highlights running and throwing, not with great catches.

Does he have the skills? Yes. Has he dissapointed anyone by his numbers? Maybe, but the coaches have put him in a position they thought he deserved (always a 2 or 3 WR), and he has lived up to that. Maybe the coaches who see him in practice every day have realistic goals for Amarri.

To be candid, those career numbers were wretched.  Especially when considering what a popular Bull Amarri is.

In the end, I think he is a likeable, colorful bull (remember the skunk hat) that starred in one of my favorite games and who seemed to believe in USF football enough to endorse our program when his cousin Mike was looking for a fresh start.

Good luck in all your future endeavors Amarri.

That was UConn.

TJ was hurt @ Rutgers, Amarri the following week.

SORRY Mechanical... I just realized that on the way to lunch... that was UCONN.  My bad. 

SORRY Mechanical... I just realized that on the way to lunch... that was UCONN.  My bad.

• Content Count:  936

hate is a stong word... i think disappointed fits better

still a bummer though.. he's a good kid

Agreed!

Archived