• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas Bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't the Texas Bowl part of the BE lineup? It is per the BE website.  No one seems to mention it.  Am I missing something?

• Content Count:  505

That sucks.  Hopefuly the BE can get to the point were it doesn't have to share bowl games with nonBCS conferences.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The Texas Bowl alternates between the Big East and C-USA... this year, they get a C-USA team.

I don't think C-USA gets that bowl 2 times over the next 3 years. This may be the only year they get it.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The Texas Bowl alternates between the Big East and C-USA... this year, they get a C-USA team.

I don't think C-USA gets that bowl 2 times over the next 3 years. This may be the only year they get it.

Yes they can.  They get it 2 out of 4 years. 

The BE needs to renegotiate the bowl deals ASAP.  No way a 6-6/7-5 CDOA type team should be going to the houston bowl while an 8-4/9-3 BE team gets stuck at the PJ.com or Toronto bowl.

Memo to the BE commish.  DO NOT SHARE ANY BOWLS NEXT GO AROUND.  NO MATTER WHAT.  DEAL WITH BOWLS THAN WANT THE BE.  If they don't want the BE, don't make a deal with them.  I can "live" with the ND agreement, because they improve the lineup, and are technically part of the BE conf in other sports, but to share with CUSA, NO WAY.  NEVER, EVER, EVER DO THIS AGAIN.  Same with the Sun/Gator.  Make a deal with Gator straight up or find another bowl, next go around.  The only reason the B12 agreed is because it improved their lineup.  Why wouldn't they want a peice of the Gator.  Do you see other BCS conferences sharing bowls, no.

this would be my ideal realistic lineup, provided no new bowls are added (St Pete bowl?)

1) BCS

2) Gator (Do not share with B12, or find another NYD bowl)

3) MCC bowl

4) Houston (Do NOT share with CDOA, no reason to this time, if they don't agree to that find another one)

(Insert hypothetical St Pete bowl game here, if it ever materializes)

5) PJC bowl

6) Intl bowl 

It's a 4-yr contract, two for the Big East and two for C-USA... so, yes, C-USA gets it in 2007 and 2009.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You have a link to that contract? If that is indeed the case, then I do agree with you about not signing deals like this.

Hopefully the Big East is in a better position to upgrade bowls after 2009.

You have a link to that contract? If that is indeed the case, then I do agree with you about not signing deals like this.

Hopefully the Big East is in a better position to upgrade bowls after 2009.

http://www.texasbowl.org/news_detail.asp?newsID=13

The Texas Bowl is partnered with the Big 12 Conference, Conference USA and the BIG EAST Conference. The bowl will feature a Big 12 school each year, and Conference USA and the BIG EAST will alternate years.

• Content Count:  695

Why would a bowl not want the Big East those 4 years? The Big East took the Conference USA's best 3 programs, how are they splitting a bid with the Big East it makes no sense to me.

Why would a bowl not want the Big East those 4 years? The Big East took the Conference USA's best 3 programs, how are they splitting a bid with the Big East it makes no sense to me.

Because people thought the Big East would not be much better than C-USA when the contract was signed.

That will change in 2010 when the next set of contracts are signed.

Archived