• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas Bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Jim Texas gets the CUSA #6.  I do not see 6 CUSA teams becoming Bowl eligible.  Does the slot revert to the Big East or is Texas then free to pick whoever they want?

Jim Texas gets the CUSA #6.  I do not see 6 CUSA teams becoming Bowl eligible.  Does the slot revert to the Big East or is Texas then free to pick whoever they want?

Conference USA already has 4 eligible teams (UCF, ECU, Tulsa, and Houston). Southern Mississippi only has to beat one of UTEP and Arkansas State, Memphis only needs to beat one of UAB and SMU... that gets them 6 teams.

I don't know for sure if it reverts or not, it may be they would take a Big East team if C-USA can't fill their slots.... but we may not even know for two more weeks...

But it poses an interesting thought... if the Texas Bowl slot reverts to the Big East, it might take Toronto out of the mix for USF.

Archived