• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thinking about the players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

I know the three loses have been tough on the fans but unlike the players we can go back to our lives and our jobs.  Everyday the players may or may not listen to or read about how USF Football has fallen from #2 to unranked in three weeks. I wonder how M. Jenkins, R. Clebert, A. Jackson, T. Williams, S. Miller, W. Walker and the other seniors I did not mention feel about losing these games.  As a big fan of USF football I have to remember every time they put on the helmet, jersey and pads they are risking their young lives for our entertainment and fanaticism.

Let's continue to support these players as they play their final four games of this season and for some their lives. (Four is not a typo, they will be going to a bowl game. Just not sure where yet :) )

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

our offense has blown it.

it's one thing not to score, it's another thing to turn the ball over and give up field position (and defensive touchdowns).

• Content Count:  4,738

As a big fan of USF football I have to remember every time they put on the helmet, jersey and pads they are risking their young lives for our entertainment and fanaticism.

Every time they put on their helmet they are going to have fun and play a game.  They do it for competition and for the love of the game and pride.  Not for us

Guest JulmisteForPrez

As a big fan of USF football I have to remember every time they put on the helmet, jersey and pads they are risking their young lives for our entertainment and fanaticism.

Every time they put on their helmet they are going to have fun and play a game.  They do it for competition and for the love of the game and pride.  Not for us

And for a free education, room & board, and for a few, a shot at fame and fortune.

And for a free education, room & board, and for a few, a shot at fame and fortune.

I don't say this to belittle what they do, but I don't subscribe to the theory that they are out there for the fans.  If college football  wasn't here, they would be lighting up pick up games, intramurals, etc.

Everyday the players may or may not listen to or read about how USF Football has fallen from #2 to unranked in three weeks. I wonder how M. Jenkins, R. Clebert, A. Jackson, T. Williams, S. Miller, W. Walker and the other seniors I did not mention feel about losing these games.

:2cents

I'm sure they are feeling the same way we are.  Some are angry, sad, etc.  Some blame the coaches, some blame their teammates, some blame the refs, but most of them are probably just upset that the team let great opportunities to win slip through their fingers.  And just like us come Saturday they will be hungry to get a win against the Orange.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I don't say this to belittle what they do, but I don't subscribe to the theory that they are out there for the fans.  If college football  wasn't here, they would be lighting up pick up games, intramurals, etc.

"Go play intramurals, brother........go play intramurals."

:D

• Content Count:  1,412

You Are completely F'ing Wrong!!!!  If the game was in the swamps of Immokalee, those players would still be there...  You just said it, if it wasn't for college football they would be playing intramural.  Still playing!!! 

If it weren't for the Fans the colleges would not have teams.  The Athletic Departments are there because of the fans and that is the only reason.  Fans = Money!!!

The games are easy... It is the 10 practices for every 1 game that sucks and there are no fans watching those practices

Archived