• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I have arrived!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I've always like the bennigans near the USF mall... great atmosphere, good service.  I've only been to the new tampa one once and it was ok, but the USF one is better.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

F Bennigans.  I hate that place and their pseudo-Irish marketing bull****.  Imagine what it would be like for a black guy to walk into a place called "Uncle Tyrell's Chicken and Watermelon Shack" and that's what it's like for an Irish guy in Bennigans.   ;D

All their Irish themed crap is incorrect, condescentding, and annoying.  Besides, if you wanted to eat at a chain restaurant, you could have stayed up in Ohio.

Live a little.  Go visit some mom and pop places or some locally-based franchises.  Evos or Boston Cooker or Monstah Lobster.  Leave Chili's and Bennigans and Applebees to the clones.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

F Bennigans.  I hate that place and their pseudo-Irish marketing bull****.  Imagine what it would be like for a black guy to walk into a place called "Uncle Tyrell's Chicken and Watermelon Shack" and that's what it's like for an Irish guy in Bennigans.   ;D

All their Irish themed crap is incorrect, condescentding, and annoying.  Besides, if you wanted to eat at a chain restaurant, you could have stayed up in Ohio.

I ate in a Bennigan's in Bahrain - that was a wierd experience. There was hardly anyone in the place, I never understood how they stayed open b/c everytime I drove by it was practically deserted. They must be subsidized out the wazoo (that's a technical term.)

Once inside, it was decorated excactly like any other Bennigans, except all the wait/cook help were Bahraini/Indian/whatever. but there was more staff than customers so they were all kind of doting which felt strange...

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Anyway, while we're on the topic, can anyone turn the heat down? I'm sweating my guts out over here :-P

Bobcat - this is because everybody around here has their air conditioners on which shoots all the hot air outside. Once everybody turns off their A/C, you will see that the temperature goes down as well.  ;)

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I ate in a Bennigan's in Bahrain - that was a wierd experience. There was hardly anyone in the place, I never understood how they stayed open b/c everytime I drove by it was practically deserted. They must be subsidized out the wazoo (that's a technical term.)

Once inside, it was decorated excactly like any other Bennigans, except all the wait/cook help were Bahraini/Indian/whatever. but there was more staff than customers so they were all kind of doting which felt strange...

How is the food at the Seef District Manama Bennigans?  Everyone I know raves about it.   ;D

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

On this topic, I have learned that Florida has some beef with Michigan. I tried to get a FL Driver's license today and found that if I'd had an Ohio license, i could have acquired one no questions asked, but since my license is from Michigan (I turned 21 while in grad school at EMU) I have to have my birth certificate, social security card, and all other sorts of crap.

I did get my USF ID and email address today. So that was good. And I have a hard time telling chains from local places. I thought Margarita Mama's and Banana Joe's were local places too :-P I will agree with UCF Eats It about the Irish/Bennigans thing. If you want a real irish place, you have to be in Boston, or go to Corby's in South Bend.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

"Uncle Tyrell's Chicken and Watermelon Shack"

You have never been there?  

Good Chicken and watermelon for the prices.... :o;) ;)

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

awesome irish palce in downtown, four green fields

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

Well since Im not quit a young whippersnapper, yet not one of the old married foggies (im 25), Bobcat, if you ever want to venture over to check out some shiznitz in Pinellas let me know. Plenty to do over here also.  I would stick to Channelside as opposed to Ybor, as you will find a more mature crowd there normally.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I, too, am 25. I met a couple who happened to be from the small town in Ohio I just moved from at Bennigan's tonight, we're going to the D-Rays game tomorrow night. Er, tonight I guess, since it's w3:30am. anmwy,a they were a nice couple.