• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Car Care Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Jim

A 6-6 team CAN NOT be chosen over a 7-5 or better team that was passed by the NCAA.

So for UL to have a shot at passing USF or any other BE team they would nee to finish 7-5 or better, so two more wins.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim

A 6-6 team CAN NOT be chosen over a 7-5 or better team that was passed by the NCAA.

So for UL to have a shot at passing USF or any other BE team they would nee to finish 7-5 or better, so two more wins.

You are right Cuban... didn't think my reply through enough. 

For those who want the regulations...

NCAA Bylaws

30.9.2 Contest Status. [i-A] A contest shall be licensed only if it serves the purpose of providing a national contest between deserving winning teams. A “deserving winning team†shall be defined as one that has won a minimum of six games against Division I-A opponents and that has more wins than losses. Tie games do not count in determining a team’s won-lost record. Further, when forfeiture of a regular-season football victory is required by the Committee on Infractions, a conference or self-imposed by an institution as a result of a violation of NCAA rules, neither of the competing institutions may count that contest in satisfying the definition of a “deserving winning team.†(Revised: 10/18/89, 10/12/93, 4/20/99)

30.9.2.1 Exception  12 Game Season. An institution with a record of six wins and six losses may be selected for participation in a bowl game under the following circumstances: (Adopted: 4/27/06 effective 8/1/06)

(a) The institution or its conference has a primary contractual affiliation, which existed prior to the first contest of the applicable season, with the sponsoring bowl organization. In the case of a conference contractual affiliation, all conference teams with winning records must be placed in one of the contracted bowl games before any institution with a record of six wins and six losses may be placed in a contracted bowl game. There shall be no contingency agreements with other sponsoring bowl organizations intended to enable an institution with a record of six wins and six losses to become eligible for those contests; or

(B) All contractual affiliations per Bylaw 30.9.2.1-(a) have been fulfilled and all institutions with winning records have received bowl invitations (either through a contractual affiliation or as an at large selection).

(Emphasis added.)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I thought the rule was that 6-6 get last shot at the conference's bowls and all teams with winning records had to be taken.  The 1-game in conference tie-break only comes into play when both teams have winning records or are both 6-6.

• Content Count:  233
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure if you covered the airfare for a few of us, we'd cover the rental car....

Hello all

Thats not the problem, BTW I did that for the Rutgers game. The problem is flying at that time of year. Even I had to purchase airfare to get to Birmingham for the bowl game last year.

Cheers

swatpamike

Archived