• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Car Care Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  0

Hello All

Sorry to say that I would rather go to Birmingham because we fly there.

Cheers

swatpamike

you could always fly to RDU and catch a ride with someone from the area :/

Got extra room in your car???????

Cheers

swatpamike

haha....i'm actually driving down to florida for christmas break (we get a month off at duke).....so i'll probably be driving up from florida with my group...it wasn't that bad of a drive 2 years ago

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,457

What bowl do you get at 7/4 - the Toilet Bowl.  Maybe Texas will take us or better yet Canada.

USF could finish 8-4; 3-4 (BE 6th behind WVU, UCONN, Cincy, Rutgers, UL) and not get a BE Bowl invite.  Jim you may wanna do a bowl analysis and see which conferences will not be able to fill all thier bowls - PAC, B10, B12, &/or ACC.  BE really needs to have a winning bowl record this post season.

You mean like on this thread?  http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=41660.0

At this point only the Pac 10 will have problems filling their slots...

I really need to spend some time an analyze the remaining schedules and get a feel for what final records will be...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it is better than nothing

• Content Count:  5

Our best bet is for WV to win Big East and head to a BCS Bowl. UConn to get the Sun Bowl bid and USF to win out.

With that picture Meineke Bowl would probably pick USF specially if it matches us vs Virginia,Wake or Clemson.

Cincy does not have a rep for taking large #s of fans to Bowl game so we would get the nod specially if 23 are 9-3 and possibly back in top 25.

If its between us and UConn, i have a feeling UConn takes the invite.

Gents, this is not a flame.  Keep in mind that the Bowl committee can pick any team it wants as long as the team is within 1 game of the team that is in the '3rd place slot'.  For example, a 3-4 UL team can get selected by the Meineke Bowl before a 4-3 USF team.  The BE only determines who goes to the BCS.  Another example is the Sun Bowl can select a 4-3 Rutgers team over a 5-2 UConn team.  These situations are hypothetical, but it all comes down to travel history, local interest in the team, and TV on who the bowl committee (not the BE) selects.  I wish you guys well the rest of the season. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As I see it, the key is to keep Louisville from becoming bowl eligible.  Other than WVU they are the best traveling team in the Big East and both Meineke and PJC would take them before us, Cinci or UConn. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  3

With five games, won - assuming Murray State counts (does it?), they need only one game

to become bowl eligible at 6-6. If Murray State does not count towards their bowl eligibility

they need two wins; out of: at WVU, at USF, and Rutgers.

And I do agree that L'ville would be a more attractive draw than USF based on their caravan

contingent.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

With five games, won - assuming Murray State counts (does it?), they need only one game

to become bowl eligible at 6-6. If Murray State does not count towards their bowl eligibility

And I do agree that L'ville would be a more attractive draw than USF based on their caravan

contingent.

If USF finishes 8-4 and the Ville was 6-6, USF would have to be selected before the Ville.

• Content Count:  349

Cincy does not have a rep for taking large #s of fans to Bowl game so we would get the nod specially if 23 are 9-3 and possibly back in top 25.

Plus if you also look at our average attendence for Home games this year, we might look more attractive to the bowls.

contingent.

If USF finishes 8-4 and the Ville was 6-6, USF would have to be selected before the Ville.

I thought that was true... but I saw a blurb from Brett saying the "Two-win" issue is for conference games... so it may not be the case.

Need to track that down somehow.

Archived