• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2007 Nat'l champs in Ray Jay in '08

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

If you had posted this thread 3 weeks ago, I would've looked at the title and been like, "Yeah. 6 times. Point?"

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  171

They are in the Big 12, which for some reason is considered on of the top conferences.  If they win out, they will leap over the teams ahead of them and get to the NC game. 

They will get a boost if they beat Oklahoma but probably not enough to get past a one loss Oregon or LSU

• Content Count:  635

they'd have to impressively beat Mizzou and OU, and trust me, an undefeated KU team would leap over LSU and Oregon.

• Content Count:  1,812

they'd have to impressively beat Mizzou and OU, and trust me, an undefeated KU team would leap over LSU and Oregon.

Any win against these 2 will have the computers bump them up enough to pass up the 1 loss teams.

If Kansas wins out they will play in a NC game no matter what. The computers will like them better as they play better games and OU would be eliminated from the picture by Kansas. Now if they can win out is another question.

It is actually mathematically impossible for Kansas to leap over LSU and Oregon if they both win out and remain #2 and #3 in the human polls.  Kansas would have to siphon quite a few votes away from Oregon, probably finish third, and be voted #1 in all computers (when they range from 2-7 right now).

Any win against these 2 will have the computers bump them up enough to pass up the 1 loss teams.

Sorry, but no.  In this case, the humans trump the computers by too much.

Rank  TEAM  Harris Votes  % of 2825  USA Today Votes  % of 1500  Computer % of 100 points  BCS Average

1  Ohio State  2823  0.9993 1493  0.9953 0.990 0.995

2 LSU 2640 0.9345 1393 0.9287 0.960 0.941

3 Oregon 2590 0.9168 1376 0.9173 0.920 0.918

4 Kansas 2322 0.8219 1241 0.8273 0.880 0.843

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Kansas won't finished undefeated...I guarentee it.

• Content Count:  635

yes, and the human voters would change their mind if an undefeated Kansas team has impressive wins over top 10 teams in Missouri and Oklahoma.

• Content Count:  1,812

The computer put USF at #2 and did also with BC and the same would happen with an undefeated Kansas team. I know how much they count but a win over two teams in the top 10 to finish the season will boost their ranking.

• Content Count:  695

If they beat Missouri and Oklahoma it would become really interesting, the problem here is LSU. They have just one loss, and have played the strongest schedule in the nation and easily have the most quality wins out of everybody while playing in a tough SEC conference where you can lose every week and LSU played Virginia Tech in non-conference as well. Kansas played cupcakes in non-conference and up to this point they have beaten weak Big 12 teams.

I honestly don't think they can get by both Missouri and Oklahoma. The real debate will end up being between LSU and Oregon and when LSU wins out there will be a lot of angry west coast fans who are ready to cry bias. Analysts will say how this should call for a playoff, the unviersity prezes will simply revise the BCS system again and nothing will change.

Archived