• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

this is why i always have to stay away from this board after a loss....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

dont get me wrong...im not saying that anyone is out of place for wanting to complain about this program..

you have the right.  i am season ticket holder and donor so, yea i have a right too.

but i just dont want to bother complaining on a message board and having a big pity party.

we still have a great team. one of the best USF has ever had.  but we are still so new to this whole national exposure experience that we are NOT ready for it.  but the only way you become READY is to get there when you arent ready.  there are certain things in life that you really cant prepare for until you get there.

This is not a GREAT team.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

dont get me wrong...im not saying that anyone is out of place for wanting to complain about this program..

you have the right.  i am season ticket holder and donor so, yea i have a right too.

but i just dont want to bother complaining on a message board and having a big pity party.

we still have a great team. one of the best USF has ever had.  but we are still so new to this whole national exposure experience that we are NOT ready for it.  but the only way you become READY is to get there when you arent ready.  there are certain things in life that you really cant prepare for until you get there.

This is not a GREAT team.

it is a GREAT USF TEAM!

and if you disagree then just leave now.  we arent LSU, UF, Oklahoma, Ohio St, etc.  we are USF and did enough this year that if we finish strong we still end up ranked and we probably start off next year in the top 25.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I left the game ticked, but pumped. This program is really moving in the right direction.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Pumped?

I'm guessing alcohol was involved, then.

What was there to be pumped about losing to an unranked team at home??

That's a doozy, ladies and gents.

i can't speak for the rest of the stadium (75% of which left after Grothe's interception that was overturned), but the student section was f'n RIPPED after they replayed the last play in which the Cinci defender laid our receiver out in the endzone a full second before the ball got there.

the student section erupted in boos and "f**k yous" and a good number of us threw drinks and bottles and trash onto the field.

as students, we all felt robbed.

it didn't help that as we walked out of the student section, there were 2 or 3 piece of f**king Ohio trash Cincinnati fans talking/yelling **** to all of us from behind a barricade....  with 2 cops guarding them!!!!  WTF is that?

• Content Count:  695

Complain all you want but I was impressed with the effort the Bulls put in to climb back in that game. It would have been less painful for the players and fans had they just rolled over in the second half, let Cinci score a couple more TDs and then put their backups in. But the Bulls tried to come back and nearly pulled it off. I am very proud of our team.

• Content Count:  349

Yeah, I checked Greg's blog, and saw Grothe Bash 2007 was going on tonight. I don't know why I came over here. I'll probably try to stay away for a few days (I am sure I will be unsuccessful though).

I left the game ticked, but pumped. This program is really moving in the right direction.

I have mentioned Courtney Denson's name a lot tonight, but think about when we got him and Amarri. We had to recruit athletes and turn them into receivers. Now, look at Bogan and Mitchell, and you can see that they have been playing receiver all their lives. Those guys are going to be studly in 2 years.

We're finally getting to the point in the program's development, where we're not having to do that... and this year's exposure will help that... I think we'll really see the impact of it 2-3 years down the line when the recruits that are seeing us now get in here and are Sophs and Juniors...

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

anyways...

i don't see the need to leave the board after a loss.

this is the Bulls we're talking about... the Bulls

the folks that haven't experienced a loss before, or even a 3-game losing streak before, haven't been fans for very long, and might have expectations that are a little high.

i've suffered deflating losses and losing streaks with this team for years... it's not a shocker when it comes to my Bulls, and i don't get down and depressed when we lose.  i can't lie and say the Rutgers loss didn't tear something out of me-- simply because we were halfway to a BCS Bowl or even NC season-- but win or lose i love this team anyway, and never miss a game i can make.

we have had big wins over the past several seasons... Pitt, Bowling Green, Louisville, WVU... we've just never put together a season worth of those wins, simply because we don't have the consistency and depth that come from having top-ranked recruits up and down the roster that can sustain a high level of play all season...  but this year we've already done something we haven't done before--- beat 2 ranked teams in one season, and beat the 2 best teams on our schedule.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

anyways...

i don't see the need to leave the board after a loss.

this is the Bulls we're talking about... the Bulls

the folks that haven't experienced a loss before, or even a 3-game losing streak before, haven't been fans for very long, and might have expectations that are a little high.

i've suffered deflating losses and losing streaks with this team for years... it's not a shocker when it comes to my Bulls, and i don't get down and depressed when we lose.  i can't lie and say the Rutgers loss didn't tear something out of me-- simply because we were halfway to a BCS Bowl or even NC season-- but win or lose i love this team anyway, and never miss a game i can make.

we have had big wins over the past several seasons... Pitt, Bowling Green, Louisville, WVU... we've just never put together a season worth of those wins, simply because we don't have the consistency and depth that come from having top-ranked recruits up and down the roster that can sustain a high level of play all season...  but this year we've already done something we haven't done before--- beat 2 ranked teams in one season, and beat the 2 best teams on our schedule.

re-read

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

re-read

?

did i miss something?

No.  I quoted it in hopes that others, like me, re-read it. 

• Content Count:  10,219

Complain all you want but I was impressed with the effort the Bulls put in to climb back in that game. It would have been less painful for the players and fans had they just rolled over in the second half, let Cinci score a couple more TDs and then put their backups in. But the Bulls tried to come back and nearly pulled it off. I am very proud of our team.

well said

Archived