• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Questions for Greg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Hey Greg, couple of questions for you.  With the lack of quality big men in the middle of the DL next year, do you think its possible that Richard Kelly gets moved to a Defensive Tackle?  He is basically our only FB on the roster, but we rarely use a FB because of the Spread Formation and the Wing T along the goalline.  Seems he is one of the only people on the team with beef that could automatically help out in a position of need for next year.

Also, I was on Pearl River's website last night and saw three names with USF ties.  Is USF still interested in these guys?  It appears that Frazier had a really good year out there and was MG's main target in HS.

Roger Frazier

OJ Murdock

Leslie Stirrups

Many thanks and great work.

Go Bulls!!

That was an old page that referenced Hutchinson JuCo.  He played there as a Freshman before moving on to Pearl River.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Although I am not Greg, I understand the following:

Frazier is as good as ours as I read he wants to come home and we want him, but there may be a grade issue.

Stirrups will not be done with PRCC until 2008, and may come back as part of the 2009 classs provided he makes grades, still has an offer and wants to come back.  Don't forget all CC transfers are like no commitments they do not have to go where they signed before.

I keep seeing OJ Murdock being referenced and have nothing to add except more speculation.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

You guys are asking for me by name. Egad. Just trying to be an active board participant. :)

Frazier was Matt Grothe's top receiver at Lake Gibson, and he's made it very clear he wants to play with Grothe again. USF already has two receiver commitments, however, which makes me think Frazier isn't on pace to finish his AA in time for next fall.

Stirrups went to Pearl River with the intention of returning to USF, though I don't know that he'll be able to do so in time for this recruiting cycle. Murdock was at one point going to transfer directly to USF from South Carolina, but wound up at Pearl River; again the Bulls are overloaded at receiver, so I'd be surprised if he's part of this recruiting class.

I haven't heard anything about Kelly moving to defensive tackle, but I haven't seen him take an offensive snap yet, so he hasn't been all that entrenched at RB or at TE. He's practiced at both.

Defensive tackle will be a major area to address in the offseason, with both Clebert and Cray due to graduate. Harris is more than capable as a returning starter, so it's just a question of whether it's Peguese or McClain or someone else with very little experience lining up next to him. I'd think USF would be a good match for a top-tier juco defensive tackle this winter.

Thanks for your participation.  It would be nice to have another mid season live chat for these types of questions.  Brad??

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

I went to high school with Leslie Stirrups. They called him "Big Jit." Great player, he took a few snaps in a Wishbone formation too and can run over tons of people

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I went to high school with Leslie Stirrups. They called him "Big Jit." Great player, he took a few snaps in a Wishbone formation too and can run over tons of people

Excellent.

Now if we can just get him to stop jacking other people's car stereos.

• Content Count:  4,738

Excellent.

Now if we can just get him to stop jacking other people's car stereos.

wow.  ouch

• Content Count:  919

What about some of the other Freshmen DT's who are redshirting like Dampier and Garrison?  Any chance of them being ready for next Fall?

Archived