• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hope I'm wrong about this.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

I dont have it dvr'd.Its just something I remembered thinking while watching the game and I wanted to see if anyone had the some feelings  i  had.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With out naming players did any of you guys get the feeling or noticed some of our Defensive players shying away from contact with R.Rice????It also seemed like some were trying to get engaged in blocks or not fighting hard to get off of the blocks when Ray came through the hole.

This is ridiculous.  We lose one game, and now our defense is accused of not playing hard.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Ray Rice is the best running back in the Big East hands down, just give credit when credit is due.

OMG...LOL .After reading what I wrote this is your reply????I going to give you an hint....You didnt understand what I wrote.

You do make a point, but that being said I couldn't imagine a scenario in which a defense that shies away from contact could carry a team this far into the rankings. Not trying to blast you but your hopes are answered.

I understand...but normally they dont shy away from contact.Plus Im only talking about a few players not the whole Defense.

Anyone else think tht stiff-arm on Selvie was WAYYY OVER-HYPED???He was already heading down but he still tried to make the play.

Big time over hyped.  Selvie fought off a block and was falling as he went for the tackle.

Yes man he played HARD.There are pics of him getting held by RU O-Line.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

There were some runs there where our gyus seemed more concerned about stripping the ball than making the tackle.  They also used poor form on several attempted tackles (see McKenzie on Underwood where he tried to hit him and knock him down not tackle him).  

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It sure didn't look any different than what we normally see.  No way they shyed away from tackling.  If you have watched this team for any amount of time you will see that some guys don't wrap up.  Go back and compare the tackling to the FAU game.  No difference.    Drives me crazy sometimes, but they usually bring the runner down.  Rice is an exceptionally tough runner.  9 out of 10 times, McKenzie knocks Underwood down on that tackle and probably jars the ball loose too.  He hit him pretty good.  He just hit him in a way that he bounced off and kept his balance.  He should have been wrapped up. It was just a bad tackle.  Especially with the three or four other guys surrounding him.

Don't be confused about the guys not getting off the blocks.  That is one of the biggest, best and experienced offensiive lines in th country.  I don't see where it was about effort.

I'm not sure If I agree with that statement.I always hear ppl praise our  D for good tackling.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i can tell you who WASNT shying away: Nate Allen... He didn't make the tackles but he sure as hell tried to go head up with Rice on a number of occasions. I wish he woulda just wrapped rays legs up.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

With out naming players did any of you guys get the feeling or noticed some of our Defensive players shying away from contact with R.Rice????It also seemed like some were trying to get engaged in blocks or not fighting hard to get off of the blocks when Ray came through the hole.

This is ridiculous.  We lose one game, and now our defense is accused of not playing hard.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Ray Rice is the best running back in the Big East hands down, just give credit when credit is due.

OMG...LOL .After reading what I wrote this is your reply????I going to give you an hint....You didnt understand what I wrote.

Yes, I did understand what you wrote.  I am saying that if you are going to make a statement like that....then call somebody out.  Don't say "I am not going to name players."  If you feel some players didn't play hard on the defense, tell me who didn't play hard.  You don't have to be political.  I think usfgrad is right, we didn't wrap up well. 

But to say they shied away from contact implies our defense didn't play hard.  I totally disagree.  Rutgers had a great gameplan of pounding Rice and then running the "stick" routes on third downs which they eventually broke for a TD with Underwood.  They are a good football team.  Don't confuse Underwood or Rice breaking a long run with our defense shying away from contact.

At the end of they day Im not trying to change anyones mind  about  this Im just trying to see if anyone saw what i saw.

Archived