• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hope I'm wrong about this.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

MMMM...Like I said..... ::)

"I understand...but normally they dont shy away from contact.Plus Im only talking about a few players not the whole Defense."

This is what you said.  What am I missing?

You are saying they don't normally do it, but they did it at Rutgers.  I was there in person, and I re-watched the game twice on TV.  I want to know who specifically you thought shied away?

• Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

With out naming players did any of you guys get the feeling or noticed some of our Defensive players shying away from contact with R.Rice????It also seemed like some were trying to get engaged in blocks or not fighting hard to get off of the blocks when Ray came through the hole.

This was also subject of conversation during the game with the people I watched it with.  I didn't see anyone trying to get blocked, but it did seem like the dbs were tackling Rice out of duty alone.  They were not enjoying the contact.  I don't remember the players either, but if I watched it again, I could show examples. 

He was in our secondary a lot, so maybe that's why it stood out.  The LBs were hitting square from what I remember.

Rice is a solid back and he brought the hammer.  What else can you say?

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

With out naming players did any of you guys get the feeling or noticed some of our Defensive players shying away from contact with R.Rice????It also seemed like some were trying to get engaged in blocks or not fighting hard to get off of the blocks when Ray came through the hole.

This was also subject of conversation during the game with the people I watched it with.  I didn't see anyone trying to get blocked, but it did seem like the dbs were tackling Rice out of duty alone.  They were not enjoying the contact.  I don't remember the players either, but if I watched it again, I could show examples. 

He was in our secondary a lot, so maybe that's why it stood out.  The LBs were hitting square from what I remember.

Rice is a solid back and he brought the hammer.  What else can you say?

If a DB stands alone square to Rice he is probably going to knocked on his ass and make no play on the ball, this could have something to do with it.

• Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

That busted play against Underwood is what made me upset. It was huge key to the game for Rutgers in that they got a passing play that went all the way for the TD. Take away that play and the two fake plays on special teams then USF should win that game dispite the bad officiating game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,741
  • Days Won:  3

...Im just trying to see if anyone saw what i saw.

No. And by the way...yeah...Ray Rice is that good.

Rutgers had the game plan and the players to execute it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

At the end of they day Im not trying to change anyones mind  about  this Im just trying to see if anyone saw what i saw.

No, I didn't see any players deliberately taking themselves out of plays, possibly allowing the runner to get extra yardage just because they didn't want to get hit..... Why don't you call CJL up on his show Thursday and run that by him ...

Archived