• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For Those at the Game: How were Rutger's Fans?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Being a Bucs fan....I heard the Rutgers fans were a bandwagon mixture of Philly and Giant fans.  How were the fans up there?  I'm just curious.  I hope they understand college compared to the NFL.  I hate Philly and remember both Philly and Giant fans at Ray Jay.....and they were awful!! 

I still hate Philly fan...and the Eagles!!!

• Content Count:  3

It was a mix mix some of the fans understood what we were going through with the lost and others were just a-holes. It was truly a mix of some good and some bad but once they won it pushed more towards the bad side.

• Content Count:  27

Nothing is worse than going to the Trop and dealing with Boston or Yankee's fans. That's brutal.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

There were a ton od RU fans in the USF section.

The three jerks next to me bought them through the USF ticket office.

If Bulls fans would purchase them sooner, that wouldn't happen.

A miserable night was only made worse by the fact  that I had three Jersey Jerks in my ear all night.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Well I cant tell you how they were this game since I was not at the game, but I did hear a rumor that they were jeering Walter Walker while he was walking on crutches to the locker room. I also heard the rumor that a couple of Rutger fans knocked over Rocky D Bull.  I can tell you that I had some run ins with some of the Rutger fans last season while they were in Tampa. They were basically just ragging on USF fans big time for losing to them.  Every fan base has their bad fans, Rutgers just has very vocal fans that will talk a lot of smack that sometimes leads into fights when things get over the edge.

• Content Count:  5,241

They were the fans that heckled whichever Military academy they played (Navy?) earlier in this year. Shows you what some of their students/fans think of our troops.

• Content Count:  1

Before the game, we were greeted by the New Jersey welcome "you suck" and after the game it was "hey loser, you suck". One fan told us to go back to "Boca Del Vista". 

During the game and right in front of section 101, ROCKY was pushed by a RU fan and the fan was ejected from the stadium.

• Content Count:  2,363

Being a Bucs fan....I heard the Rutgers fans were a bandwagon mixture of Philly and Giant fans.  How were the fans up there?  I'm just curious.  I hope they understand college compared to the NFL.  I hate Philly and remember both Philly and Giant fans at Ray Jay.....and they were awful!! 

I still hate Philly fan...and the Eagles!!!

As an Iggles fan, I can readily admit that our fanbase is by and large a bunch of pricks. However, given its locations, I'd expect for the RU folks to be more Giants/Jets than Eagles.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I have traveled to road games with the Bulls since 1997, making probably 20-25 away games over that time and I have to say RU fans were the worst I have ever encountered.  Rude, distasteful, rude, arrogant, rude, ignorant, trash talking the whole time, rude, not one bit of hospitality.  I know there are usually a few jerks anywhere you go, and I have seen them in most places, but not like this and other fans make up for the bad ones, but not at RU. 

To contrast, I have to say Oklahoma fans have been the nicest and most hospitable fans I have met, offering beers, saying thanks for making the trip, asking informative questions about USF, etc.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

My take... As a fan, and especially a student, I try to be very respectful of other fans at games. Discourage a-holes acting like morons and the like. With that said, I am waiting for Rutgers next year. The Navy thing was pretty lame, but I heard the heckling of Walker and it got me unbelievably mad. I heard cheering while he was down and booing when he got up. I know some of the older fans will consider me "immature, jackass, and the like". That is your opinion and I respect that. With that said, I am going waiting for all you Rutgers a$* holes next year.

Archived