• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is There Any truth to the rumor that the game is under review

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

But no one would believe that you could "overturn a loss".  The mechanism to do such a thing doesn't even exist.  The only vindication that could ever come from anything like this (on the highly unlikely chance that there is any truth to it) is a slap on the wrist for the refs/video replay official. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

This topic may be horsecrap, but the poster that posted it is not.  Been a member for over a month and has an email address that is not easily accessible. 

• Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

guys i just wanted some info im a sophmore at usf and my name is David. Not trying to start anything thats not true

• Content Count:  133

Last night I dreamt that the officials got caught taking bribes.

It's true I had that dream too!  :P

• Content Count:  104

Those refs were so pathetic,  are there some rules that apply to USF only?

Actually, someone at work today suggested to me that there may be some merit to the argument that "some rules only apply to USF".  Not necessarily that the rules only apply to us, but that officials may enforce them differently against us.  We were talking about the blocked kick and the fumble.  He was saying how it was so obvious that Leavitt had coached the guys to do that - fumble it forward.  [on a side note, the theory - and its a good one - is that you're virtually guaranteed to score if you keep pushing the ball up field in that situation.  Since all of the opposing team - except the kicker and the older, have their backs to the ball, you've basically got your entire team heading the right direction and the other team heading the wrong direction.]

His thought was that if Jim is teaching the kids to violate the rules in this particular area, he might be doing it in other areas as well.  Of course, it isn't against the rules if you don't get caught.  But he thought that if the Big East officials had the same interpretation as him, they might be more aware, and watch more closely, to identify penalties that USF commits.  I don't know if there's any merit to that thought or not, but is seems somewhat reasonable.  I think we all know that if a team gets a reputation for committing a lot of penalties, at any level of football, its hard to shake that trend because the officials tend to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Those refs were so pathetic,  are there some rules that apply to USF only?

Actually, someone at work today suggested to me that there may be some merit to the argument that "some rules only apply to USF".  Not necessarily that the rules only apply to us, but that officials may enforce them differently against us.  We were talking about the blocked kick and the fumble.  He was saying how it was so obvious that Leavitt had coached the guys to do that - fumble it forward.  [on a side note, the theory - and its a good one - is that you're virtually guaranteed to score if you keep pushing the ball up field in that situation.  Since all of the opposing team - except the kicker and the older, have their backs to the ball, you've basically got your entire team heading the right direction and the other team heading the wrong direction.]

His thought was that if Jim is teaching the kids to violate the rules in this particular area, he might be doing it in other areas as well.  Of course, it isn't against the rules if you don't get caught.  But he thought that if the Big East officials had the same interpretation as him, they might be more aware, and watch more closely, to identify penalties that USF commits.  I don't know if there's any merit to that thought or not, but is seems somewhat reasonable.  I think we all know that if a team gets a reputation for committing a lot of penalties, at any level of football, its hard to shake that trend because the officials tend to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

That is hogwash.  And to expand this to "cheating" and cheating in other areas is awfully bold and unwise.

If Leavitt can teach them to fumble forward and possibly lose possession (because of the odd roll a football has), why can't he teach our punter to kill it on the 2 everytime?  Because it is impossible.  The chances the ball rolls where you wish is small. 

Your friend was listening to the ESPN idiot that suggested the same thing.  I don't buy it...too risky.  Why risk a possession on a bouncing football?  No way.  Had they tossed it in the air after having true possession your friend might have a point.  But it didn't happen that way.

Bullscrap.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

there is no way u can "intentionally" fumble a ball during gameplay and know where it's going to bounce/roll.

it is physically impossible.

these are football players, not nuclear physicists. as genius as Jim Leavitt is, there is no way to "coach" that kind of play.

of course, its possible that T-Mac threw it up for grabs... but that would literally contradict every instinct every football player is taught from the minute they first step on the field for pop warner football.  it would have risked a huge play and posession of the football.

VIDEO:

that is a fumble.  the ball was in T-Mac's left hand.  it was jarred loose by a tackle. he tried to secure it with his right hand and squeeze it into his left, but the motion of the tackle caused his hand to hit the ball, and his left hand-- which was being grabbed by the tackler-- was unable to stop it from flying across the field.

"intentional" my ******* ass.

• Content Count:  43

Not an excuse of us losing just analyzing here. If you look closely you can see the tacklers hand on the elbow of the arm that caused the ball to move forward. As the tackler was wrapping up he squeezed TMAC's elbow inside causing his arm to move in the opposing direction of the loose ball. That's a fumble caused by Rutgers folks. But it is what it is.

• Content Count:  218

I was one of the officials at the game last night.  Sorry about that offensive pass interference call.  Goodluck next year, try to get that pre-season ranking up!

• Content Count:  43

You know I guess you're trying to get a rise out of us because you lost. But no one cares. You got beat two years in a row. Do yourself a favor and stop making an ass of yourself.

Archived