• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How good is our team?

Guest USF08

Rutgers, at home, had an absolute must-win situation.

They were ramped to play a big time team and prove themselves.

They played a perfect game on both sides of the ball (minus those two fumbles).

They used two trick plays that lead to ten points.

Big calls went in their favor twice.

USF lost six points from poor FG execution.

USF lost a day of practice and had to do the travel on a very short week. (I ultimately blame ESPN for this loss, lol)

USF faced their most difficult offensive opponent of the North-South runner with a massive veteran o-line.

And we still had two chances to win it in the last 4 minutes.

I hope this serves as further motivation to this team, which has already exceeded my expectations. Would a NC appearance have been nice, of course, but none of us are losing anything because none of us were expecting that legitimately at the beginning of the year.

This loss to Rutgers, even though I hate them with every fiber of my being, is better than a loss to Stanford or App State. We have a schedule, that if our team cleans up some mistakes and continues to play well, could put us in a BCS bowl.

If you are  bandwagon fan, stick around, USF football is more than this team, it's a program and it is something you are going to want to be a part of.

Oh, and stop blaming individual players. Would it have been nice to win? Hell yeah. But if you asked any true fan that has been following this team since it began if they would have been thrilled with a 6-1 start at this point in the season, they would have been quite alright with it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

this is the worst team USF has ever had.

• Content Count:  2,661

How good is our team?

The Bulls' results for the rest of the season will determine that.

• Content Count:  12,293

guys, Rutgers was ranked #10 a few weeks ago.  its not like this is stanford that we lost to.

USF is still a very good team.  we made a few bad plays in this game but still made plenty of great plays.

we will still be in the top 15 and still have a very good chance of getting ourselfs back into the top 10 by seasons end.

sounds pretty good to me

• Content Count:  1,290

Remind you that we made more yards than RU minus their trick plays!

Archived