• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe needs to take less sacks. Who deserves the blame for the loss?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Albeit, the loss of Walt Walker on the O-line was huge...It is up to the coaching staff to make the adjustments and then up tot he players to execute those adjustments.

We were going for the medium and long ball pass plays...Why not run PA Bootleg option opposite of Walt's position to take advantage of Ford, Williams or Grothee on the run as well as a short pass to the same side.

That would definately made Schiano think twice about blitzing as much as he did....Which in turn would have made it easier for the O-line to protect Grother was things normalized.

But that's just me...I'm not a football expert or anything...Just a fan of CFB and an USF Alumnus...

GO BULLS!!!   FINISH STRONG!!!

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

We were going for the medium and long ball pass plays...Why not run PA Bootleg option opposite of Walt's position to take advantage of Ford, Williams or Grothee on the run as well as a short pass to the same side.

Not sure.  I kept waiting for that to happen.  I think even the announcers were saying he had to get out of the pocket there at the end.  I mean a designed roll-out where he can either get positive yardage on a run or complete a pass to a receiver.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I agree, why try to place blame.  We win as a team, we lose as a team.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

A lot of times last night Grothe took dumb sacks because it appeared he thought he could outrun their defensive players. Also, there were a couple of times he sat in the pocket looking to pass for almost 10 seconds and then got sacked (one time when Rutgers only rushed two down linemen). Our offensive line can't block forever.  If our receivers are not open after 10 seconds either run or throw it away.  He's young and he still has a lot to learn. I know he's talented as hell but I think last night he just tried to do too much and it resulted in some sacks that really hurt our field position!  I don't blame him for the loss because I feel it was a collective effort by the entire team.

Amari Jackson dropped passes.

Coaches play calling on both offense and defense was suspect.

Special teams played like crap.

Stupid penalties cost us a lot of yards.

Referees made some bad calls.

It's just a collective losing effort. We did not bring our A game tonight and so I wouldn't blame it on one or two players or coaches. I blame every single player that had a uniform last night. 

We'll be allright. We'll rebound well against UCONN.

GO BULLS!

AGAINST A TALENTED DEFENSE THAT IS BLITZING GROTHE NEEDS TO REALIZE TO GET RID OF BALL INSTEAD OF TAKING DUMB SACKS

LAST NIGHT'S LOSS FALLS ON ENTIRE TEAM AND COACHING STAFF-

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i'm not blaming Grothe for all those sacks, necessarily. simply because he's been doing great with all the scrambling in the backfield all year. but when he has to do it EVERY PLAY, then chances are it's just not going to work.

coaches should've made more adjustments to all the blizting.

Yeah I think that's the story of the game really.  You just watch them get destroyed play after play.

GROTHE COULD HAVE TORCHED RUTGERS ALL NIGHT HAD OUR RECEIVERS RUN SLANTS AND HIT THEM A SOON AS GROTHE GOT SNAP

• Content Count:  75

i think the blame rides COMPLETELY ON:

OFFENSE:

Center, LT and RT Guards, LT and RT tackles, TE's, WR's, RB's, QB

DEFENSE:

Tackles, DE's, LB's, and DB's

Oh and the coaches. That's who the blame belongs on. It's a TEAM and you lose games sometimes.  You win as a team and you lose as one.  Why is everyone looking for a goat? We'll be allright.

Go  Bulls

• Content Count:  1,066

Dr. Brahma,

I agree with your post....However, looking for the breakdowns as well as the positives Rutgers did (notalways one in the same) will help in the long run in learning from our loss and not repeating those same mistakes.

GO BULLS!!!  FINISH STRONG!!!

Archived