• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media BS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

You know what makes more mad about this loss is that we are going to hear now how we are overrated and don't belong.

When USC lost to Stanford it was an amazing win for Stanford; and then we lose to a good Rutgers team and it is how we are overrated and don't belong in the top 10.  Give me a break...upsets happen.

Let's get our crap together and move on to the next game; we still need to win the Big East or nothing mattered this season.

Guest Melissa

Don't let the media get to you. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says. The only thing that matters is that our team wins games. We're a young team, and it's unfortunate that because of that we hardly get any respect... but that's fine! Hopefully in time things will change... patience, grasshopper.

We should (at least I hope) win our next game against UConn... games like our game tonight tend to do remarkable things to player's drives. Nothing is ever a given though, just gotta take it one game at a time.

We have a great chance at winning the BE... but even if we don't... there are a lot of things that have mattered this season. We have a lot of guys that are coming back next season who have played their hearts out. We have some players we'll be losing after this season - and some will go on to bigger and better things... hopefully bigger and better than what they would have had had we not had the attention we've had this year. Every single game matters, every single play matters... we're building a history and tradition every step of the way. If we don't win the BE, there is always next year... nothing is in vain. ;)

• Content Count:  64

Don't let the media get to you. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says. The only thing that matters is that our team wins games. We're a young team, and it's unfortunate that because of that we hardly get any respect... but that's fine! Hopefully in time things will change... patience, grasshopper.

We should (at least I hope) win our next game against UConn... games like our game tonight tend to do remarkable things to player's drives. Nothing is ever a given though, just gotta take it one game at a time.

We have a great chance at winning the BE... but even if we don't... there are a lot of things that have mattered this season. We have a lot of guys that are coming back next season who have played their hearts out. We have some players we'll be losing after this season - and some will go on to bigger and better things... hopefully bigger and better than what they would have had had we not had the attention we've had this year. Every single game matters, every single play matters... we're building a history and tradition every step of the way. If we don't win the BE, there is always next year... nothing is in vain. ;)

Wonderful post Melissa!!!!  I wish our fans would just realize that you have to take the good with the bad, we were the media darlings for a few weeks.  Well when you move up the polls that fast, and people start to buy in and we go out and lose to an unranked team how can we not expect criticism.  I have said all along don't look for respect from the media because it's all superficial, the media is there to stir the pot and write the hot story.  The "Cinderella" USF Bulls losing is going to spark many I told you so's, but who cares?? Really, the media doesn't change my feelings about this team or this program.  GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  102

The media will never change my feelings for this team...its just that the media is closed minded.

So far today I haven't seen too much negativity towards them from the national media as I thought I would.

We need to take care of business and put the loss behind us.

• Content Count:  12,293

we all know we belong and we will still have a chance to beat an established program in our bowl game to further that point.

just worry about UConn.  thats the only thing our team can control.  the meida is gonna talk so let them, but i dont see how anyone could watch that game last night and say USF is not a top 15 program.  #2, well not anymore, but we all know that a little bit of luck got us that high anyways.  (and by luck i dont mean our wins, but rather having all the teams infront of us fall)

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The length of time our program has been existence does not tell a hoot about our football team.  If length of the program is the criteria,, then just give the NC to Rutgers every year and forget playing the game

• Content Count:  1,290

I wanted to know how much respect Kentucky (1 loss) get from media?  Do you think media forget about UK-Louisville (3 losses) game?

Archived