• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please enlighten me: When did USF get the reputation...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

...for being a program filled with criminals?

I've only been on board since 2005, so maybe I missed something.

Every opponent fan board I go to, and even some of the press I read, taunts USF as being a program "full of criminals"

I know about Grothe's bartending episode, Mike Ford not paying that speeding ticket (or whatever), the parking boot ordeal, and I vaguely remember some marijuana charges from a couple of years ago.

Does this make us a criminal program, or am I missing something?

Seems to me this is no where on the level of other programs (USC, Bama, FSU, et al) which had INSTITUTIONALIZED criminal problems

Can someone shed some light?

I almost get the impression that people's chain of thought is USF>>>Miami>>>Criminals

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890

your guess is as good as mine

• Content Count:  635

whenever a program gets more than 1 arrest, they're automatically dubbed a "criminal program." it could just be two speeding tickets, but that's how reactionary people are. i.e. dumb.

your guess is as good as mine

Then your guess must be that everyone who says such things are FREAKING MORONS

(no insult intended to other freaking morons out there)

• Content Count:  291

They are misinformed fans of other programs. They believe everything they hear and don't bother to read into it. Us USF fan's know the just of everything that goes on and we are not criminals, if they want to say that about a program shoot for Texas or Florida.

• Content Count:  5,691

There has to be some reason we are good? It sure can't be because we have good players and a good coaching staff.

whenever a program gets more than 1 arrest, they're automatically dubbed a "criminal program." it could just be two speeding tickets, but that's how reactionary people are. i.e. dumb.

Yep.

Grothe getting cited for not IDing while bartending gets turned into an "alcohol related-arrest which was covered up by the USF administration"

• Content Count:  12,293

it has to do with people justifying in their minds why some no name directional school can recruit the players we have and their school couldnt.

their only justification is that their school didnt want them because they are thugs.

my only advice is to just ignore these people.  we all know how players arent thugs, our players know they arent thugs, and our coaching staff knows these guys arent thugs

• Content Count:  1,386

...for being a program filled with criminals?

I've only been on board since 2005, so maybe I missed something.

Every opponent fan board I go to, and even some of the press I read, taunts USF as being a program "full of criminals"

I know about Grothe's bartending episode, Mike Ford not paying that speeding ticket (or whatever), the parking boot ordeal, and I vaguely remember some marijuana charges from a couple of years ago.

Does this make us a criminal program, or am I missing something?

Seems to me this is no where on the level of other programs (USC, Bama, FSU, et al) which had INSTITUTIONALIZED criminal problems

Can someone shed some light?

I almost get the impression that people's chain of thought is USF>>>Miami>>>Criminals

I don't know if UCF and So Miss started it, but this was really put forth by fans of both schools. I think it was because USF did more in ten years than they did in multiple decades. So it the "USF can't be better than our school, so they must be cheating" line.

Kizarvexis

Archived