• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe in QB Power Rankings.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

Scout.com has Grothe in the top 10 at #9 suggesting he gets some Heisman attention

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp?selposition=4

• Content Count:  325

I think a better guage is how he does Thursday.  If he has a great game and the recievers decide to catch his  TD throws,

Watch out.  I think having Doug Flutie calling the game will help!

• Content Count:  40

He is also on ESPN's Heisman watch list now http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman07/index

But I really think that Selvie should be on the short list for the Heisman.

• Content Count:  349

Scout.com has Grothe in the top 10 at #9 suggesting he gets some Heisman attention

Honestly... I think Glenn Dorsey should win the Heisman... no doubt he is a beast, but being in the Interior line, he doesn't have the measurable stats to get any Heisman Love, even though he likely is the best player out there right now... and with that being said, how many sacks does it take for a DE to get some Heisman Love? I looked back at the past Heisman winners... did you know that there have been less than 5 Defensive players to win it?

• Content Count:  695

Those rankings are really bad, Andre Woodson at 5? Come on. Also, I know running QBs are great but Pat White and Tim Tebow at 2 and 3? Come on. Heres how it should be.

1) Andre Woodson- 21 touchdowns with just 4 INTs is pretty good, and he has showed great leadership skills leading his teams to surprising victories over Louisville and LSU.

2) Matt Ryan- Over 2000 yards and 17 touchdowns is great, still has to face some good defenses though.

3) Brian Brohm- The three losses his team has hurts him but 2765 yards, 23 touchdowns, and just 4 interceptions for a team that has struggled is just downright amazing. He should be the first QB drafted in next years draft.

4) Graham Harrell- It's easy to say he has so many yards just because he has so many attempts but Harrell leads the nation in completion percentage. Also impressive is 31 touchdowns and just 3 interceptions. They still haven't played a real defense though.

5) Dennis Dixon- Want a run threat in the top 5? This guy has done even better than Pat White and Tim Tebow, he currently ranks 3rd in passer rating and 6th in completion percentage. Also had 324 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs.

6) Pat White

7) Tim Tebow

8) Rudy Carpenter

9) Chase Daniel

10) Erik Ainge

And though Grothe has played really well, I just can't put him in my top 10 this year. Him being ranked in top 10s is an indication of the immense hype the Bulls are receiving but top 10 QB? His stats just don't warrant that.

• Content Count:  695

Honestly... I think Glenn Dorsey should win the Heisman... no doubt he is a beast, but being in the Interior line, he doesn't have the measurable stats to get any Heisman Love, even though he likely is the best player out there right now... and with that being said, how many sacks does it take for a DE to get some Heisman Love? I looked back at the past Heisman winners... did you know that there have been less than 5 Defensive players to win it?

That doesn't surprise me, the award is basically for the best QB or RB and every now and then a wide receiver wins it but defensive guys it's extremely rare. Charles Woodson was the last one to do it.

Archived