• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O'Leary Throws Entire UCF Team Under the Bus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

he is a rude drunk that  cant coach or recruit

• Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

I've grown tired of his uncanny ability to throw someone under the bus.

Not only he throws the team under the bus but the fan base as well from what I was reading on your board.  By contrast everytime a reporter points out to CJL how Tampa is now rallying behind USF he always replies "Tampa has always been great to us", even though he could have admitted how we had little support in attendance and in the local media.

The funny thing is O Leary has a clause in his contract that pays him for attendenace; that why he harps on it so much IMO. He gets $125,000 if they average 45,000 at home.

He only gets $50,000 if they go to a bowl. He is smarter than he looks or his lawyer is either way it is easy money for him to have the fans show up to watch whatever he puts on the filed.

O Learys contract

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_contracts/pdfs/central_florida_fb.pdf

• Content Count:  1,757

O'leary is there as his "retirement" job.  He gets paid to live in Orlando and pretend to coach football.  Why do you think he really wanted that indoor practice facility? 

I actually feel bad for (most of) the UCF fans and all of his players... seriously was he drunk when he said that shtuff or just on pills or something?  What an *******. 

• Content Count:  65

Okay, I have finally worked up the courage to come back over to this board.  A lot of us are fed up with O'dreary.  The biggest problem I, and others have is that there is a definitely a superiority complex present when dealing with the fans.

We gave this guy a shot when he was nothing more than a funny punchline in the annals of college football history and he treats the fans as if we are dog crap.  The way he calls out fans at his luncheons and coaches show is truly embarrasing.  He is that awful gym coach that you see parodied on television all the time.  You know the one, who verbally abuses and humiliates his students?  Thats George. 

The problem really and truly is that he is the polar opposite of Kruczek.  Kruz/McDowell were awesome game day coaches, who could inspire and get the max out of inferior talent through good game plans and motivation.  These teams have better talent across the board (WR probably the only exception) yet we feel spineless as a team.  We are nearly incapable of coming back once behind and cannot win games unless we fire on all cylinders in the first quarter.  I dont think George has done a poor job of recruiting, he's simply done a poor job of building winning game plans and inspiring his teams.

I think the biggest frustration is the long term contract.  If GOL was on a more manageable contract these loses would sting but the fans would know that if things didnt improve there would be a light at the end of the tunnel.  With this ten year monster contract it feels like we are trapped in hell for another 8 years.

• Content Count:  2,239

I realize that the week after a loss is always tough...but just curious...what's the buzz on campus and around the program regarding these type of comments from their coach? Are ppl up in arms, puzzled, understanding?

I'm not on campus anymore, but I'm betting they are looking forward to the rest of the conference slate.

• Content Count:  711

I don't mind O'Leary as head coach...he has kept his team in check...but I would LOVE to have Kruz's offense back in a heartbeat!!  Kruz's disipline wasn't too good...but O'Leary would handle that...but Kruz's QB coaching and offensive mind was great!!  If O'Leary would hire him back...I'd be thrilled!!  We used to score at least, under Kruz!

Archived