• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on Leavitt...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

1.  Time for him to get his Dining Hall!!!

2.  He'll receive substantial offers for openings this post-season.

3.  At what point does Jim say, I've accomplished what I've wanted to here at South Florida, I'm moving on???

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  993

WHO KNOWS?

I am sure we are going to do everything we can to keep our coach if it comes to that, and hopefully he wants to be here too.  We can't offer some of the stuff he will be offered, but just remember no one can offer what we have here either. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1. Definately

2. He will get offers, but he will decline. If we go to a BCS game, USF will give him more money for assistants (he is covered with incentives I think). Another BCS next year and they will up his salary significantly.

3. At least 2 national championships. I think he retires a Bull. Has any coach ever startes a program from scratch and won national championships? I don't know if Jim will win any, but that has to be his goal. He will be a legend in Tampa.

USF needs to keep him happy. He is underpaid at this point, and I think OK with it. If he were to leave, they would have to pony up a lot more money than it would take to keep him to hire a worthy replacement. McKarney and Burnham will be the hot commodities this off-season. We need to keep both of those guys.

• Content Count:  294

Time for him to get his Dining Hall!!!

How much are you looking to spend?

• Content Count:  92

I don't see Burnham leaving since he has been instrumental in the play of the D and since he up getting close to retiring age (although in college football, he may have quite a few years left).  However, in the unlikely event that Leavitt leaves, McKarney would be a fantastic replacement that would minimize change and help fill the void.

• Content Count:  2,719

My thought on Leavitt?

Awesome.  He knows how to keep this team focused and I think this year has taught me one thing about our offense.  Leavitt and the OC can turn this offense on and off at will.  They know the real season starts now and wanted to let everyone else in the BE know...it is ours for the taking and you better bring it all to stop us.  We will win the BE this year.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF needs to open up the checkbook to the tune of 1.75 to 2 mil a year.  Even though he has said he loves it at USF and won't leave, gauranteed someone comes sniffing around ready to throw crazy dollars at him.  And the sooner they do this, the better.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

In one word, Awesome.

Everyone on this board and all Bulls fans need to vote for him as coach of the year.  He has done something never done before and he deserves the respect.

• Content Count:  282

USF needs to open up the checkbook to the tune of 1.75 to 2 mil a year.  Even though he has said he loves it at USF and won't leave, gauranteed someone comes sniffing around ready to throw crazy dollars at him.  And the sooner they do this, the better.

1)  Yes, get the dining hall.  We are the 9th largest university in the country and #2 in BCS...come on, its a dining hall!!

2)  I agree with Orlando Bull, he will get offers but decline. He is from St. Pete and I believe loves the idea of being the Bear Bryant of USF.  Also, we are beginning to acheive what he has envisioned, why would he leave now.  With this said, we need to get his base compensation to 2 mil.

3)  As I said above, I believe he wants to be the legend at USF.  This school provides a unique environment for him and I believe he is loving it.  If not he has already had big offiers from big programs but did not leave.  And that was before this year's success.

Archived