• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Caption This Picture II

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome back!

Yeah, well, poking Red Sox fans elicits more interesting reactions.

Thats pretty funny stuff... considering it wasn't a red sox fan that made it... ESPN (Kruk & co) made it, and they diss the sox whenever they can about the curse.

All the quotes in my post were taken from you or other Red Sox fans earlier on this thread. And regardless of who said them, they are all completely asinine. To wit:

Sox are leading the wild card race

By half a game. And that's only because they've played more games than the other teams in the wildcard race.

the Sox lead the season series with the Yankees 8-5

Irrelevant: see above.

Neither the sox or the yankmes have won in this century

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Only if you don't consider 2000 part of the current century. I suppose if they win this year you'll say they've never won in an even-numbered year in the current century.

in the last 45 years, the yanks have not won the WS during a year that a Republican was in office

And in the last 90 years, the Red Sox have not won the WS during a year that anyone was in office. And if not for a brief run of success during the 1910s, even that wouldn't be true. In the 1840s, no one was in office for one full day.

Last 2 champs have been wild card teams

Well, that's something to hang your hat on, because Lord knows it's your only chance of making the playoffs.

And let me do your little top 10 list while I'm at it:

10)  Giambi sick, can Tony Clark fill in?  too impatient

9)  Rivera wearing down

8)  Contreras-  can he ever beat the sox?

7)  Brown&Mussina hurting, might not get back to form (remember sox beat Moose twice last year's alcs)

6)  ARod factor... NY pressure

5) Red Sox spark (i think this might have been #3, but i'm not sure)

4) Middle bullpen overworked

3)  Sheffield's shoulder... will it hold out?

2) George... will $teinbrenner make a dumb move in his panic

1)  No Randy... Cashman thinks they won't get him, and they need him more than ever

10. Yanks lineup potent enough without Giambi, Giambi having bad year anyway

9. Wishful thinking

8. Sample of 5 games not statistically relevant; even if Contreras completely incapable of getting W vs Red Sox, Yanks can work rotation around him - assuming Sox make playoffs at all

7. Wishful thinking

6. A-Rod quite capable of dealing pressure

5. Wishful thinking

4. Yanks will trade to improve long relief help if need be

3. Wishful thinking

2. Since when have the Yankees post-season chances been hurt by a panic move

1. The Big Unit deal not dead by any account I've read, and even if it is the Yanks have proven they'll do whatever it takes to improve their team down the stretch

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

you've proven nothing in that last post except you know how to use the quote function in YaBB... congrats ;)

Again... that top 10 list and the 45 year thing were right from Sportscenter... i don't care what you think of them... i found it interesting, and that top 10 list ISN'T assinine...  they are good questions about the yankees?  All of them are serious concerns by yankee fans... a quick perusing of nyyankees.com message board will see that all 10 are valid topics of conversation.  Its funny you think they are non issues, but Georgie doesn't and is working on getting pitchers, and a first baseman, and Sheffield is taking Cortizone shots constantly and wears a cortizone patch during the games.

But we all know your only goal is antagonizing...which is fine... you make it more amusing here.  

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

No, no, no, VG my friend, it is your continued defense of the indefensible that makes things amusing.

And couldn't you come up with a better crack than "you know how to use the quote feature on YABB?" Of course I do. I use it all the time. How is that witty? I mean, if I was responding to myself I would have said "All you've proven is that you still don't know to check Disable Smilies."

Let's start from the top, shall we:

1. I never took the position that the ten items cited are non-issues. Surely they are issues. However, Red Sox Nation's tone throughout this entire thread is overwhelmingly that the Yankees are sunk because of them. Do you agree, or do I need to exhibit my mastery of the quote feature again?

As an aside, the laws of probability and statistics dictate that is highly unlikely that all ten woes will befall the Yankees. Can they overcome, say, Rivera wearing down and Clark having to play first but none of the other stuff?

2. The New York Yankees have a strong history of effectively rectifying any roster deficiencies before the playoffs. Your attempts to portray the Yankee dynasty as crumbling at the sight of Jason Varitek's fists of fury shamelessly ignore that fact. I would think that of all people, a Boston Red Sox fan would better understand the importance of history.

3. Even if the Yanks were to fall apart for all ten the reasons cited, and failed to rectify any of them, it can scarcely be concluded that the Boston Red Sox will be the team to benefit from it.

May I remind you The Sox' record is merely fourth-best record in the American League, and there are four other teams within five games of they wildcard chase they're "leading", including the Cleveland Indians.

I merely suggest that before you start digging a grave for the New York Yankees, maybe your team should put a little more distance between itself and Coco Crisp.

I never said that the yankees were screwed, but that they have some big glaring problems...and i'm hoping/keeping faith, that my Sox are going to overcome the evil empire.  

I think the team to beat is not the yankees this year... the cardinals and dodgers are playing some **** good ball.

My team is working on securing that wild card... and if you read way back i said i don't know if there is a good chance to pass the yanks, but i am confident in a wild card win.  

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

dodgers arent even the best team in Cali... anybody could make a good argument for Oakland and SF.  Anaheim is the team to beat out west, Vlad will shine and they have a good pitching staff to carry them far.  

Anaheim has bigger pitching problems than the yankees(but!  they might get johnson).

SF is going to have trouble catching the dodgers.. they are one of the hottest teams in baseball right now... but they could do it.

Oakland has great pitching but i like our chances against any AL team in the playoffs... if we get there of course.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

boston can only hope sucker punch arod

boston simply hasn't competed with yankees as hoped

who will be first to pay for  this year's debacle?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Three reasons why the BoSox and Yanks need not worry about the Series:

1) Mulder

2) Hudson

3) Zito

Not to mention Harden. Unless either of the two "evil empires" prys the Big Unit from Arizona, A's going to the World Series

How has Oakland done in the playoffs with those guys when they were pitching good and had a potent lineup?  They never have won a playoff series with them. I do not see Oakland making the playoffs anyway. Texas or Anaheim will come out of the west.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Yeah, well, poking Red Sox fans elicits more interesting reactions.

By half a game. And that's only because they've played more games than the other teams in the wildcard race.

Irrelevant: see above.

They are leading the wild card race and this is relevant as you cant win the world series without making the playoffs. The A's won last night and sox were postponed so now the wild card race is all tied up with the same exact record. The only team in wild card race that sox have played more games then is the White Sox and red sox still have less losses then them.