• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Pat Forde -- The Dash (Leavitt, Selvie, USF)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Coach Of The Year (10)

Jim Leavitt, South Florida. He built the thing from the ground up and has two quality wins that are about as good as anybody's: at Auburn and over West Virginia.

Midseason Conference Call

Big East (28)

Best player: The temptation is to stick with Brian Brohm of Louisville, despite the horrific team results. He's on pace to throw for 4,800 yards and 40 touchdowns with just eight interceptions. But it hasn't happened from a leadership standpoint for Brohm, so The Dash is going with incredibly disruptive South Florida defensive end George Selvie. He already has 10.5 sacks and 18 tackles for loss.

Best coaching job: Leavitt. See above.

Biggest surprise: Remarkable as South Florida has been, Cincinnati might be an even bigger shock. The Bearcats are now 6-0 and get Louisville, West Virginia and UConn at home. Road trip to USF Nov. 3 looming large.

Biggest disappointment: Louisville. See above.

Who will win it: South Florida. But the Bulls will lose at least one game along the way.

Read the rest...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone saying we will lose one game...WTF come out and say which game you think we will lose and give a valid reason. I hate hearing "They will lose a game."

Just sounds like something an SEC fan would say.

But I love Forde showing USF more love.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone saying we will lose one game...WTF come out and say which game you think we will lose and give a valid reason. I hate hearing "They will lose a game."

I think they usually mean that injuries and fatigue may set in and bring a loss. So, I don't think they are pointing to a specific team just being better than us.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

agreed

he isn't  locking into one game since it is never the obvious choice

uconn beat us two years ago...

if we were undefeated going into the pitt game... how bad would they want to beat us at home?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm pretty sure Forde said last week that we'd lose to Rutgers. That was after he guaranteed USF would beat WVU and we won. I think though that was before RU lost at home to Cincy.

• Content Count:  325

Well in last week's column he did say there was a loss waiting to happen in NJ on October 18th.

• Content Count:  566

I was just goin to say, typically, granted this year hasnt been typical, we tend to choke on one game...Im hoping it was FAU, and may well be. I think we can go undefeated, but I have the feeling we will lose one...but I dont think Rutgers will be it...GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  282

Who else but me is grinning about the fact that we are discussing....no, arguing....and being outraged that some sports commentator said that we would lose ONE GAME!!!  And that we would win the BIG EAST!

Pinch me, I am dreaming.

Archived