• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tim Brando and Saban/USF on 1010

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

It still mystifies me why he even talked about USF.  He just got done getting beat by FSU -ACC.  His team is in the SEC.  We are not on his schedule in the next five years and at the moment not even after then.  It just begs the questions - Why even bring up USF ?  Ford ?  Taylor ?  I don't know but it would be nice to know why he went after us.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  11

I just wish to god that someone would do the research and get the complete facts and put this baby to bed.  Right now, I am hating Saban with a passion...and the Tide fans on the boards (especially this one: http://www.al.com/forums/tide/index.ssf?initial=true) are pissin me off even more.

If we could just get the cold, hard, indisputable facts...then nobody could say anything.

• Content Count:  105

I just got off the phone with Tim Brando... He called me regarding my email I sent to him.

First, let me be fair to him.  His show is tape delayed, so what we heard at 7:15 (I heard it too) was actually said at 4:15pm Eastern.

He told me when he said the "Saban was wrong for saying it, even though he may be right" statement he was just learning about it.  He then went on to say that the way I told him it came out was not what he meant.  He in no way meant to single out USF, he was talking about any school, as there are no standardized guidelines for BCS conferences, and that there are some schools that could indeed circumvent the partial qualifier standards set by other schools/conferences.  He was/is disgusted, as all of us are, that USF was dragged into this by Saban.

Timmy had a lot more to say about this (it was a 20 minute phone call) and as everyone probably knows college football is a passion for him.  He volunteered to come on the air with me to clarify his comments.  I took him up on his offer, and he will join Tom and myself tomorrow (Friday) morning at 8:30am on 1010.

Mike Pepper

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I just got off the phone with Tim Brando... He called me regarding my email I sent to him.

First, let me be fair to him.  His show is tape delayed, so what we heard at 7:15 (I heard it too) was actually said at 4:15pm Eastern.

He told me when he said the "Saban was wrong for saying it, even though he may be right" statement he was just learning about it.  He then went on to say that the way I told him it came out was not what he meant.  He in no way meant to single out USF, he was talking about any school, as there are no standardized guidelines for BCS conferences, and that there are some schools that could indeed circumvent the partial qualifier standards set by other schools/conferences.  He was/is disgusted, as all of us are, that USF was dragged into this by Saban.

Timmy had a lot more to say about this (it was a 20 minute phone call) and as everyone probably knows college football is a passion for him.  He volunteered to come on the air with me to clarify his comments.  I took him up on his offer, and he will join Tom and myself tomorrow (Friday) morning at 8:30am on 1010.

Mike Pepper

Well done, sir.

I would hope Brando would also revisit this issue on his own show and clear some things up.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It still mystifies me why he even talked about USF.  He just got done getting beat by FSU -ACC.  His team is in the SEC.  We are not on his schedule in the next five years and at the moment not even after then.  It just begs the questions - Why even bring up USF ?  Ford ?  Taylor ?  I don't know but it would be nice to know why he went after us.

It's all about RECRUITING in Florida.

Same thing with Bobby Bowden.

They need to be able to say bad things about USF when talking to recruits.

So Saban says we take kids that can't get accepted elsewhere and Bowden says that USF won't be on top long.

Expect more such "shots" at USF from other schools who feel threatened by a strong USF team which could adversely impact their recruiting.

• Content Count:  133

Who in their right mind would lsiten to Saban? Everyone knows he is a liar after he promised he would stay in Miami. Then wham-o he goes to Alabama. Anyone that takes anything this man says seriously knows little to nothing about football. He's a tool and Alabama is over rated.

• Content Count:  1,981

Mike P. thank you! By the way, since you guys are already paying for advertising, you should put your show's info in your signature. We need more fans supporting you the way you have supported us. I remember you talking USF football back in 2001 when you had that night show with that funny female cohost.

• Content Count:  2,523

From what I've seen, the BORDERLINE academic athletes are your STUDS!  This could be great for us!  Maybe some of these guys' moms will now steer them to come check us out and maybe a handful of them actually are elgible.  If we had 20 claude davis' at every position coming to check us out, we'll find a few at each position who will qualify upon closer examination.  Not too mention we'd build one heck of a pipline coming out of the academies.. lol

Archived