• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whit's looking for a recognizable former USF player for the show.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I guess somebody asked him the same question that I ask tonight. He said he love to get a former player on the show to represent USF. But USF has a short history. It would be hard to do.  They have a columnist and a radio personality on the show. Todd Wright and Mike (I'm just wetting my pants cause I'm in love with the Gators) Bianchi. If we can E-mail Whit Watson this point. Our we can call Sun Sports network in Orlando.(407- 648-1150)Maybe we can get somebody on there to represent USF. I would like Greg Auman to do the show. Hell anybody that will rep. USF the right way. They all claim a couple weeks ago that USF was officially part of the Big Four.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

he was referring to needing a former player--- someone in a similar stature to the guys on there already.

I suggested Marquel Blackwell -- even though he never made an NFL club- he was in a few training camps and was one of USF's greatest players ever. He seems available. Anyone else who had a significant role in the NFL is either still playing or not a big enough name probably.

Once Anthony Henry hangs up his cleats-- he would be a good guy for the show too.

But for now-- only Marquel or perhaps Chad Barnhardt seem like viable candidates. Not sure if Chad lives around that area (O-town) anymore.

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

What about one of the Gramaticas?

I'm not sure if Marquel would have time since he is the head coach of Freedom HS now, but he was one of the first people I thought of as well.

What about one of the Gramaticas?

I'm not sure if Marquel would have time since he is the head coach of Freedom HS now, but he was one of the first people I thought of as well.

they do the show live on Monday's I believe. Marquel seems to keep up with what is going on with USF too-- going to the occasional practice and whatnot.  He's not that far removed. Who knows-- maybe someone like DRube-- he's outgoing.

also-- not sure I would want a kicker as our rep against a QB, WR, and RB

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

We have a lot of former players that are now coaching somewhere. I think Ryan Hearn was supposed to go into coaching. I say we nominate Terry "The Sheriff" Lucas for that show. Could you imagine on how bad he would rip the Gators on that show??? Would be some good intertainment.    ;D

• Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

Shawn Hay, one of the originals, on the 10 year all time team, very well spoken.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Bill Gramatica would be prefect. He's an exNFL and a exBull player. I can not locate an e-mail address for Whit Watson on the Sun Sports page.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Jay Mize..........

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I  exchanged emails with Whit after the Auburn game and talked about a Bull in studio with the rest of the Big 3 or 4...He asked the same thing to me about a former player.  I forwarded his email to me to Chris Freet, USF SID so that they could look into providing that person...I trust they have not squandered this opportunity for some USF exposure on Whits' show.

Archived