• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear World: Screw off!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

I'm really getting sick of the excuses.

WVU game in 06:  We won, but it was chalked up to a fluke.  World says: if USF wants to prove itself, lets see what it can do against Auburn next year

Auburn game in 07:  We won, but according to the World, this is the weakest Auburn team in like a billion years. Might as well have been Valdosta State (in a down year).  If you beat #5 WVU, then we'll listen.

WVU vs. USF in 07: We won. World?  WVU was overrated, and this win shows that the Big East is weak.

FREAKIN ENOUGH. I officially no longer care what anyone says (that includes ESPN).  WHAT THE #$%# does USF have to do for folks just to say we're legit? WHAT!?  Beat Rutgers? Are you f-ing kidding me? If we beat Rutgers on the road, they will say the Big East is having a down year and USF is a skunk.  We could go to the GD national championship game and blow out USC and there would still be excuses. It's time to realize that it will NEVER END. 

We just cannot win. Sure, we get some bandwagon media cause its trendy to say we'll pull upsets. But i wonder if anyone will ever look at USF as a legit contender.

Makes me f-ing crazy.

(/rant)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

No kidding-- and ESPN announcers are still throwing out the occasional "Jim Leavitt can write his own ticket" to another team BS-- as if USF is not worthy of him being our coach or that going elsewhere is the smart move.

I guess that is normal when you have too little history or name recognition.

At some point though-- they will have to give us some props for what our teams have done and continue to do.

I'm thinking that requires that we--- per usual -- be patient. Gaaahh--- it's tough being patient isn't it? It's been a great ride and this could be one crazy cool season(s)-- so let's sit back, enjoy the ride, and let the talking heads blabber on and on about whatever some stooge in the background feeds them as "the story".

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

No kidding-- and ESPN announcers are still throwing out the occasional "Jim Leavitt can write his own ticket" to another team BS-- as if USF is not worthy of him being our coach or that going elsewhere is the smart move.

This made me naseous, not because I was worried but because I've heard it about a million times.  Hey SEC, ACC, etc... this is CJL's HOME!  Get over yourselves.

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

FREAKIN ENOUGH. I officially no longer care what anyone says (that includes ESPN). (/rant)

This is the first step grasshopper, stop seeking external validation for yourself, the Bulls or USF. We know that the Bulls are good (not great yet) and they could beat anyone on any given day so it doesn't really matter what some ex-jocks, pollsters or even your father thinks. Enjoy the freaken win already.

• Content Count:  1,812

Deja vu for me as a big homegrown Cane fan growing up. It was the same thing in the early 80's and that is why the Canes became the way they were. They were major independents and could do no right and they were cocky and thugs. Now they are a CFB powerhouse (a couple of down years do not change that)

I would rather be the underdog and sneak up on people than be a front runner and get upset.

FREAKIN ENOUGH. I officially no longer care what anyone says (that includes ESPN). (/rant)

This is the first step grasshopper, stop seeking external validation for yourself, the Bulls or USF. We know that the Bulls are good (not great yet) and they could beat anyone on any given day so it doesn't really matter what some ex-jocks, pollsters or even your father thinks. Enjoy the freaken win already.

I agree, EXCEPT...

"External validation" AFFECTS POST SEASON PLAY

• Content Count:  1,479

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/29/Sports/_Big_wins_put_Bulls_i.shtml

Read that about the bowl reps being happy, glad we impressed them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

It will end as we keep winning !

Big Bubbles, no troubles.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

"External validation" AFFECTS POST SEASON PLAY

Nope. Win the Big East and we know were in the BCS. Worry about the things we can control. Errrrr . . . . .by we I mean the team as I am no longer one of those guys that pretends that I am on the team and when they win it makes me better.

It will end as we keep winning !

Big Bubbles, no troubles.

Go BULLS !!!

Nice to see you again at the game, ET. Hope you guys had as fun a time as we did.

AndytheBulls, thanks for the link. Good read.

I guess the bottom line is that those that really matter have noticed USF. Still, I would rather our players go home and flip on ESPN and hear that they're beasts instead of hearing the media tear down the other team.  :-\

Archived