• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not to get ahead of ourselves but...

cayman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone else noticed the outlook looks really good for us the next two years as well?

Can Louisville really be a competitor the next two years after losing their QB?

Are white and slaton expected to return?  One year max even if they do.

If you look at our team, it is solid from top to bottom and should be improving the next couple years.  And one of our best players is a soph.

Is it just me, or does it look like we could be dominating the Big East for a while?  Even if we dont get it this year...we should be in great shape for a while.

• Content Count:  498

More than one of our best is a soph

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We lose ALOT on defense after this year (Jenkins, Trae, Ben, clebert) it will be interesting to see how the back ups step up. 

• Content Count:  348

Don't count out Cinncinati.  They'll be a stronger team next year as well.

• Content Count:  218

You will be seeing all but FB Schmitt return on the WVU Offense next year, in addition RBs Devine and Sanders will be Sophmores.  In 2 years our current backup to White, Jarret Brown will be running the show as a Senior with Devine and Sanders in the backfield.  WVU still has a solid 2 years of domination, in college that is about as far as you can honestly project.  So keep dreaming bulls.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

I think we have some really good guys in the backup roles at CB right now-- Gilliam looks solid. We always reload well at LB. And our interior linemen have been getting plenty of work to be able to replace Clebert et al.

Seems like we are in similar position as last year with some questions but lots of good indicators.

• Content Count:  73

I guess what I was going after was that

1. we continually get better

2. we are not a one trick (or two trick) pony

Actually...I really like the way it is right now with so many contenders.  That is what makes great college football.  Too bad it looks like Louisville is going to drop out this year.  Tell me this is not more fun?

P.S. To the WVU fans.  Great to see you are amped about your team...you sound like me when I was younger and in hindsight an idiot.

• Content Count:  849

I think we have some really good guys in the backup roles at CB right now-- Gilliam looks solid. We always reload well at LB. And our interior linemen have been getting plenty of work to be able to replace Clebert et al.

Seems like we are in similar position as last year with some questions but lots of good indicators.

Gilliam is a senior, but we have Quenton Washington waiting in the wings and Jerome Murphy should solidify one cornerback position. I think next year we play a lot more zone as opposed to man-to-man to break in the new corners. Tyson Butler will also see time at CB. We're pretty solid at safety too.  I'm really gonna miss Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams, but especially Mike. He is sooo good. ESPN has him rated as the number 1 CB in the 2008 draft with a scout grade of 90. Todd McShay of Scouts Inc. said he should be a 1st round pick.

At DT, we have Terrell McClain ready to take over for Richard Clebert. Terrell has looked pretty solid in limited time this year. We also have DT's Kyle Dampier and Corian Garrison. We could also be getting Leslie Stirrups back, a 4 star DT that signed in 2006, but is at JUCO right now. He should be back for 2008 and will be a sophmore.

At LB, we have a ton of talented guys who can take over for Ben Moffit. We have Donte Spires waiting in the wings who can take over the middle. We have Sabbath Joseph waiting, Calvin Sutton will be enrolling in January and will be ready for next spring.

We still have T-Mac and Brouce Mompremier too.

This team is built for the future. If we have a great season this year, it should open the flood gates for recruiting.

• Content Count:  16,413
  • Days Won:  43

I know our defense is going to be fine because Coach Leavitt wont let it get bad. He is a defensive coach, and he has surrounded himself with great defensive coaches like Wally Burham and Dan McCarney. I think we will be fine despite losing some great players. Also, I expect the recruiting to even get better since we got ranked, and are now the talk of the town right now. Dont think recruits wont notice that.

• Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Two things about the future,

1.) Every school recruits for the future. Don't count anyone out.

2.) On Sunday, this statechamp guy/girl, whatever, will be gone.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

Archived