• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taurus Johnson

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Do not agree with Taurus but love the confidence.  ;D

From Greg's blog:

"I thought we were already in the Big Three. I didn't know Miami was still in there," Johnson said during USF's weekly press conference.

"A lot of people are recognizing us more now, watching us play on TV and seeing us beat ranked team," Johnson said. "I'm glad they picked us No. 2 behind Florida. I think we could be in front of Florida, but everybody has their own opinions."

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Geez, why can't TJ just do his talking on the field? 

How could we be in front of Florida?  They are the reigning National Champs and we're not even the top ranked team in our conference let alone the champs in our own conference.  Still a long way to go before we start this kind of talk.

These comments remind me of Johnny Peyton saying he was going to be running up and down the field all day against Miami.  That didn't turn out to be so prophetic.

Quiet confidence guys.  Please.

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I've never been too fond of Taurus, and this doesn't help his cause

• Content Count:  1,297

Just the kids opinion.......lighten up.  I'm glad he desires to be the best and has faith in his team and in CJL.  I have no problem with his comments.

• Content Count:  117

From what I here TJ is a Team 1st type player and keeps his nose clean, do you care to elaborate as to why your not"too fond of Taurus"? His comments are fairly innacuous and are completely different than the Johnny Peyton chest pounding I'll do this and I'll do that type of comment. I have no problem with his answers to the baited questions.

• Content Count:  115

Are you kidding me?  Taurus just jumped the charts and became one of my favorite players on the strength of that quote.  If you do not want players on our team to think their team is the best than I dont know that I want you as a fan of our team.  Would you rather Taurus drop to his knee's in front of the Lord Urban like the rest of the state.  Please Taurus is the man for saying this, I would love to see Florida on a nuetral field this year.  I dont care if they are the defending champs, and our players shouldnt care either.  I say we need more of this going forward, and I hope Taurus goes off on Saturday!!

• Content Count:  2

I LOVE it!  It's not like he called out a team we are playing this week or even this year.  He believes in the TEAM and I am glad we have players that have such lofty goals.  God forbid anybody talk about being on the same level as FU, I mean UF and lord tebow.  Way to go TJ!  Bring it on the field to back it for non-believers!

• Content Count:  12

Taurus is my new favorite player and I am glad he said that.  Its time for USF to have that type of confidence.  On a similar note its also time for all of you chumps that do the gator chomp in our student section to get your asses out and head to gainesville and wait for 2010.  I swear I see at least 1 chomp every game and its always right in front of me.

• Content Count:  849

Geez, why can't TJ just do his talking on the field? 

How could we be in front of Florida?  They are the reigning National Champs and we're not even the top ranked team in our conference let alone the champs in our own conference.  Still a long way to go before we start this kind of talk.

These comments remind me of Johnny Peyton saying he was going to be running up and down the field all day against Miami.  That didn't turn out to be so prophetic.

Quiet confidence guys.  Please.

He can say that because its his opinion. We have the talent to play a competitive game against UF. We wouldn't get waxed like Tennessee did. A heavily recruited guy like Julian Riley who transferred from UF to USF because he couldn't get playing time there. Well, what do you know, he can't get playing time here either. Leavitt used this as an example saying that maybe the talent gap between USF and UF is not as big as people think. UF hasn't faced a good defense all year and they will be tested when they face LSU. USF has a better defense than any team in the SEC outside of LSU. So like Taurus said, its a matter of opinion.

Don't compare coke-head Johnny Peyton to Taurus Johnson. Taurus is a 100 times the player and person that Peyton was.

Archived