• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student WVU Tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

Not that I do not trust the source, but are there any links out there stating this information?

Also, how does this (if at all) affect student companion tix?

I know that UNC companion tickets have been selling since Monday (I still don't believe they are doing it the same way for the WVU game). I personally am a fan of either restricting tickets to one companion per ID, or only allowing companion tickets if there are any student tickets left.

Starting companion ticket sales the Monday before gameday has been procedure for as far as I know, I'm just banking that my friend can get me tickets in the student section, if not I'll have to consider other options.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I smell a campout Sunday night/Monday morning.... anybody down

That smells good.

• Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

I smell a campout Sunday night/Monday morning.... anybody down

That smells good.

Well, in the last 10 minutes I realized my job has a small restriction over staying overnight anywhere but the residence hall (I guess being a Resident Assistant requires you to be in the building... who knew? It'll probably be more like 4 A.M.... 8)

• Content Count:  1,165

This concerns me...a lot. I remember, and was a victim of, the UCF ticket fiasco.

If they do this, they NEEEEEED to limit it to one per STUDENT ID. I'm not talking about just showing the ID or giving a number, I'm talking about actually recording the number and checking it to make sure that 1) it's a valid ID/number 2) it hasn't been used at an earlier time for that game.  Additionally, they need to limit companion tickets to one or two per valid ID number.  This is to help against people re-selling companion tickets at a markup like they did with the UCF tickets.  And finally, they need to make it so every person must show up personally (or maybe two valid ID's per physical person) so one can't just campout with 400 ID's/numbers of their Greek buddies

• Content Count:  565

so one can't just campout with 400 ID's/numbers of their Greek buddies

Hey, it's the beginning of pledging season too...

"Pledge, for your first act of brotherhood...."

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

This concerns me...a lot. I remember, and was a victim of, the UCF ticket fiasco.

If they do this, they NEEEEEED to limit it to one per STUDENT ID. I'm not talking about just showing the ID or giving a number, I'm talking about actually recording the number and checking it to make sure that 1) it's a valid ID/number 2) it hasn't been used at an earlier time for that game.  Additionally, they need to limit companion tickets to one or two per valid ID number.  This is to help against people re-selling companion tickets at a markup like they did with the UCF tickets.  And finally, they need to make it so every person must show up personally (or maybe two valid ID's per physical person) so one can't just campout with 400 ID's/numbers of their Greek buddies

Agreed on all counts, when it comes down to something like this, you have to make it limited to a one per person rule.

• Content Count:  292

Not that I do not trust the source, but are there any links out there stating this information?

Also, how does this (if at all) affect student companion tix?

I too heard from a reliable source that student tickets for the WVU game will go on sale next Monday.  They are expecting large student turnout (estimating 18-19K), which doesn't sound unreasonable with the size of our school.

• Content Count:  3,078

fwiw.... UT requires students to pick up tickets from the ticket office starting 9 days before the game and you can only pick it up until 2 days before gameday.  One student can take up to 11 other valid student id's to get tickets to avoid everyone in your group having to stand in line.  tickets handed out are completely random meaning you could camp out for tickets and get upper level seats or be the last person to pick them up and get front row seats.  then on gameday you have to swipe a valid student id to enter the game.  system works just fine and it is still very easy to get friends into the game that are non-students by borrowing someone else's id.   

• Content Count:  1,165

fwiw.... UT requires students to pick up tickets from the ticket office starting 9 days before the game and you can only pick it up until 2 days before gameday.  One student can take up to 11 other valid student id's to get tickets to avoid everyone in your group having to stand in line.  tickets handed out are completely random meaning you could camp out for tickets and get upper level seats or be the last person to pick them up and get front row seats.  then on gameday you have to swipe a valid student id to enter the game.  system works just fine and it is still very easy to get friends into the game that are non-students by borrowing someone else's id.   

Sounds like an interesting system. The thing with UT is that ID's are probably recorded and automatically checked that only one ticket per ID can be assigned.  I don't think USF has this in place [yet]. I don't really like the random seating (I think those who come early should get better seats), but I do love the assigned student seating and getting tickets ahead of time. This will save a LOT of hassle on the day of the game.

• Content Count:  3,078

Sounds like an interesting system. The thing with UT is that ID's are probably recorded and automatically checked that only one ticket per ID can be assigned.  I don't think USF has this in place [yet]. I don't really like the random seating (I think those who come early should get better seats), but I do love the assigned student seating and getting tickets ahead of time. This will save a LOT of hassle on the day of the game.

All student ID's are swiped when you pick up tickets and when you enter the stadium.  I don't think it would be that hard to get the card readers to the ticket offices at USF.  random seating is the only way to really do picking up tickets to avoid punishing people that do not have time due to academics to camp out for tickets since everyone's main purpose for being here is technically for academics

Archived