• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF ranked #24 in the coaches poll!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

If the coaches turned in their ballots before the game was over, Lville would not have dropped as much and KY would not be in the top 25.  They had to have seen the results to get these results.

Velcro,

I'm guessing some did turn it in after the game, some before.  The net effect is a drop for Lousiville and a rise for UK, but I sure that the ranking would be different if everyone turned in their ballots after they knew the result of the game.

A similar thing happened to us vs. Auburn.

That's my theory at least.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

GO BULLS! This is awesome. Can't wait to see what the AP has in store.

• Content Count:  159

Good, but we should be ahead of Louisville.

I disagree. Louisville lost, true, but in a very tight game against an SEC opponent. Believe me, I was pulling for Louisville (i.e. the Big East) but some blown coverages killed that game. Their offense might be strong, but their defense has holes. Regardless I don't believe we should be ranked higher than Louisville at this time. Now we both win our next two games, then yes I think we should (because that would mean we would have beaten NC and WV while Louisville would have beaten Syracuse & NC) be ranked in the Polls higher. Actually, if Louisville and the Bulls win their next two games not only should we be ranked higher than them in the polls but we would definitely be ranked higher in the Big East (which we already are at present due to their loss).

• Content Count:  1,013

Don't worry we'll get our chance to prove we're better than them.

• Content Count:  1,812

One question though, did UCF get ranked after beating Alabama in 2000? It's unrelated but if they didn't get ranked after that, it's likely that we made the top 25 before they did and they are an older program.

As I understand it, UCiF has recieved votes in both polls before, but has never been ranked in either poll.

Kizarvexis

I have seen no proof of them receiving votes in both major polls; they claim they did at the start of last season but they did not it was another false claim.

There is no mention of them in the polls last year

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?pollId=null&seasonYear=2006&weekNumber=1

• Content Count:  695

One question though, did UCF get ranked after beating Alabama in 2000? It's unrelated but if they didn't get ranked after that, it's likely that we made the top 25 before they did and they are an older program.

As I understand it, UCiF has recieved votes in both polls before, but has never been ranked in either poll.

Kizarvexis

I have seen no proof of them receiving votes in both major polls; they claim they did at the start of last season but they did not it was another false claim.

There is no mention of them in the polls last year

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?pollId=null&seasonYear=2006&weekNumber=1

Was Alabama bad in 2000 then? I honestly dont remember the 2000 season at all, I must have been going through an anti-college football phase that year or something. All I know is that the Gators won the SEC and lost in their bowl to Miami and that Oregon State blew out Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl but aside from that the 2000 season comes up empty for me.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it is about time

but usf should run the table now

louisville is clearly beatable

rutgers game scars me

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I disagree. Louisville lost, true, but in a very tight game against an SEC opponent. Believe me, I was pulling for Louisville (i.e. the Big East) but some blown coverages killed that game. Their offense might be strong, but their defense has holes. Regardless I don't believe we should be ranked higher than Louisville at this time. Now we both win our next two games, then yes I think we should (because that would mean we would have beaten NC and WV while Louisville would have beaten Syracuse & NC) be ranked in the Polls higher. Actually, if Louisville and the Bulls win their next two games not only should we be ranked higher than them in the polls but we would definitely be ranked higher in the Big East (which we already are at present due to their loss).

usf controls their own destiny  and will win conference this year

Archived