• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF ranked #24 in the coaches poll!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Sept. 9 date is a typo, they have all of the records updated through yesterday's games.

I think you're right now that I go back and look again. Stupid webmasters, making me think we aren't paying attention! (Seriously I would be concerned if that had been out for a week and I didn't know)

Hold your heads up high gang, this is a proud day for USF Football. Frankly this is more important to me than the CBS Poll and I will tell you why. We might be ranked higher on the CBS poll, but (for those of us who know/have seen their polls) they are often way off or a distorted view of reality ... and therefore (for me) the CBS Poll doesn't have much credibility (though I do admit to enjoy seeing us on there). On the flip side the Coaches Poll is straight from the coaches in the NCAA. If we get on their poll then we have to be doing something right. We are finally earning the respect we know we deserve. Now let's stay hungry and keep that momentum going!! Oh North Carrrrrooliiiinnnnaaaa .... ;-)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,212

Good, but we should be ahead of Louisville.

• Content Count:  1,532

This is great.  Party tonight.

• Content Count:  695

Good to see USF in the coaches poll. This is a great day for the USF athletics program.

• Content Count:  1,013

Great day for USF football.

Coaches Poll > AP > CBS poll due to the  importance in the BCS ranking.  I think the caoches is 1/3 of the BCS.

It looks like UofL benefited from what we suffered from last week:  A late game.  Chances are the voters turned in their ballots before this game was over.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If the coaches turned in their ballots before the game was over, Lville would not have dropped as much and KY would not be in the top 25.  They had to have seen the results to get these results.

• Content Count:  695

It amazes me how Louisville is still ranked ahead of Kentucky after losing. Proof that college football poll voters have no common sense, but it is true that certain coaches turn in their ballots before the games are over. Next week if Kentucky wins i'm sure they'll move ahead of Louisville.

If USF is ranked #24 now, imagine how high they'll be ranked if they beat West Virginia (and don't get upset by UNC). Could they possibly make it to the top 15? It's amazing that in just the 11th season of the football program the Bulls are ranked in the top 25.

One question though, did UCF get ranked after beating Alabama in 2000? It's unrelated but if they didn't get ranked after that, it's likely that we made the top 25 before they did and they are an older program.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

[glow=green,8,800]CAN I GET A GO BULLS!!!!![/glow]

• Content Count:  1,386

One question though, did UCF get ranked after beating Alabama in 2000? It's unrelated but if they didn't get ranked after that, it's likely that we made the top 25 before they did and they are an older program.

As I understand it, UCiF has recieved votes in both polls before, but has never been ranked in either poll.

Kizarvexis

Archived