• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alan Dell: Leavitt a cool customer when it comes to polls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

Leavitt a cool customer when it comes to polls

TAMPA

The son of a preacher man, Jim Leavitt must have connections to the man upstairs.

Since he nursed the University of South Florida football program out of the cradle 11 years ago, he has been in six overtime games and won them all. The best of them came last Saturday night when the Bulls defeated then 13th-ranked Auburn on the road.

Leavitt, whose dad and brother are ministers, seems to have a pipeline to the heavens and a gambler's knack for making the right call.

See Leavitt and take nothing for granted. There is no such thing as the obvious with him. He could be a Sunday school teacher or black jack dealer in Vegas.

Read more in the Sarasota Herald-Tribune...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Great Read!  This part of the article made me feel lucky that USF has such a great coach and person, "Recruits see a win like this and know we are not ranked, they might feel sorry for us and want to come and help," Leavitt said Tuesday. "The relationships I have here are more important than rankings. If that was not the case, I don't want to coach."

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

the press conference is available on the premium pass on scout.  i thought the same thing when he was talking about what was important to him (players' lives > rankings)

Archived