• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media Lunch today at 12:30?????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

did I read somewhere that these will be live on catch 47??  or will it just be on the press pass??

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

i don't think lunch will be televised -- "hey, auman just took a third cookie!" -- but my understanding is that leavitt's press conference will be on catch 47, yes. that starts at 1 p.m.

• Content Count:  3,692

Greg,

Where is the lunch held and how is the spread?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

how is the spread?

It's USF -7.5

• Content Count:  1,913

without giving away any secrets, it's in the big east room at the athletic facility. no complaints about the food -- i should point out that the times cuts a check for USF -- and all teams we cover -- each year to pay for the food provided to us.

on second thought, i'll rave about the food, hoping some players read this and realize that showing up for interviews -- even when not requested -- means getting to partake in the lunch. college students + free food = perfect attendance, right? spoilers!!!! today's fare is barbecue. c'mon, players, and don't make me bring up dessert ...

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

how is the spread?

It's USF -7.5

I'll take $100 on them to cover...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Well, was it on TV Brighthousers?

When I went to the media luncheons in years gone by I was always amused at the number of people that ate there, but the relatively few that ever published anything about the Bulls.

On a related note...another sign of growth - photographers and videographers no longer get to dine in the press box during games, they get a separate box lunch.  All this is a good sign I would guess in that the Press Box may be getting more crowded - and maybe it's not just to get the meal. 

• Content Count:  1,911

When I went to the media luncheons in years gone by I was always amused at the number of people that ate there, but the relatively few that ever published anything about the Bulls.

On a related note...another sign of growth - photographers and videographers no longer get to dine in the press box during games, they get a separate box lunch.  All this is a good sign I would guess in that the Press Box may be getting more crowded - and maybe it's not just to get the meal. 

The problem is not the photographers. It's all the "friends of the program" types that show up with the point and shoot their wife got them for christmas and think they should be considered working press. The press box has never been crowded for a USF game i've covered...it's never even been half full.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

The problem is not the photographers. It's all the "friends of the program" types that show up with the point and shoot their wife got them for christmas and think they should be considered working press. The press box has never been crowded for a USF game i've covered...it's never even been half full.

Going a bit off-topic, but you're saying the type that you describe not only get the field access, but also the press box access?  That is a bit crazy, I'd find it hard to believe that they got full access like that...

• Content Count:  349

So does that mean if I show up with my dinky D40 they'll give me a box lunch? :D

Archived