• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So apparently I live next door to Tedd Webb...

Griggsy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

...and I had no idea who he was.  He lives one street over from the back of my house.

Below is the email I sent to my family explaining how I met him. Do any of you listen to him? What do you think about him? Im taking my wife over tonight and Im going to plug away on USF.

I just met a Tampa Bay radio celeb.

Yesterday, Mimi escaped. We're not sure exactly when, because we were constantly in and out working on the yard and refinishing a table. We looked for her for several hours, but finally put up signs on the entrance/exit gates to our neighborhood when it started getting dark. Well, around 11:30 this morning, "Tedd" - who lived one street over - called. So I went to pick up Mimi.

When I got there, it was a group of three older guys. Well, they all loved Mimi and invited me in. They were very loud and talkative (in a fun way), telling jokes and sitting around BSing....and they had karaoke equipment set up. (they invited me to sing, but I declined) . I stayed for about 30 minutes talking to them. They were all AM radio guys, 2 of them retired, but they told me that Tedd was the morning talk show guy for AM970. So I get back and look him up.

http://www.teddwebb.com/

http://www.teddwebbstrivia.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tedd_Webb

http://www.970wfla.com/pages/local_teddwebb.html

He's pretty famous locally, apparently..and I sort of feel like an a-hole for not knowing who he was. But wow, what a bunch of nice guys they were. He wanted me to bring Pam back to meet him, too.

Just thought it was kind of a neat experience... We talked some politics and sports. It was alot of fun.

Tedd Webb is all over the internet. I found some info about the other 2 guys but they're not nearly as prominent: Jim Shirah and Richard B. "Rick" Crandall.

Anyway, just thought it was neat.

-Chris

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

I remember Webb from way back in his WFSO days. Not really into the radio he's doing now ... epsecially since he's with Jack Harris ... possibly the worst radio "personality" this area has ever produced, sportswise anyway. My biggest fear is him getting on our football broadcasts ..... :shuuder:

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

No, MJ is the worst radio personality from this area.

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

I remember Webb from way back in his WFSO days. Not really into the radio he's doing now ... epsecially since he's with Jack Harris ... possibly the worst radio "personality" this area has ever produced, sportswise anyway. My biggest fear is him getting on our football broadcasts ..... :shuuder:

I have never understood how Jack Harris keeps getting work. The minute I hear that "Howdy I'm Jack harris" intro of his I just cringe. And yet...he always finds a radio/tv gig...and some commercials. He must have one helluva an agent...

Other notable local personalities I just don't get:

MJ

Nancy Alexander

Haywood Henson

Mason Dixon

Bubba the "Love Sponge"

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Mason Dixon used to be the man back in the day!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

I have never understood how Jack Harris keeps getting work. The minute I hear that "Howdy I'm Jack harris" intro of his I just cringe. And yet...he always finds a radio/tv gig...and some commercials. He must have one helluva an agent...

Other notable local personalities I just don't get:

MJ

Nancy Alexander

Haywood Henson

Mason Dixon

Bubba the "Love Sponge"

Is Haywood Henson still on anywhere??

Archived