• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just got my issue of SportingNews

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

It' the college football preview issue.

They have us ranked #21

December 29 - South Florida vs. Miami in the Meineke Bowl

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I would prefer FSU or Clemson but if we can beat Miami this year I will settle for them ;)

• Content Count:  78

I woulld take that bowl match up but there is no way Charlotte would take both those teams.  USF and Miami may struggle to sell 10,000 tickets of their alottment between them.  But the Meineke would be nice, I really liked that trip although I barely made it to the New Year.

• Content Count:  849

USF vs FSU in the Gator Bowl, we would be my dream outside of a BCS bowl

The stadium would obviously sell out and there should be an even fan distribution from both teams.

If we win that game, USF will get a huge boost in recruiting,

• Content Count:  765

Beating Miami in a bowl game sure wouldn't hurt.  That would be a great match-up if it happened.  It might even change how the Miami fans look at the rest of the games we will be playing them in.

miamibowl.jpg

• Content Count:  1,254

The stadium would obviously sell out and there should be an even fan distribution from both teams.

Even? Perhaps you don't realize the amount of FSU fans and alumni in the Jacksonville area. I think there would be AT LEAST 2/3 Semenholes.

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Even? Perhaps you don't realize the amount of FSU fans and alumni in the Jacksonville area. I think there would be AT LEAST 2/3 Seminoles.

Compared to the Meineke bowl a couple of years ago that was 90% NC State, that wouldn't be so bad. Hell, they even had a NC Start announcer acting like it was a home game (I'm still bitter about that.)

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

A gator bowl that matches USF vs. FSU will be 20% USF and 80% FSU... Come on guys this thing takes time... I have been to both Bowl games thus far and to expect as much as FSU let alone anymore than 20% is too optismistic!  Now on the other hand if we played Miami anywhere outside of Florida we could match their numbers pretty well because when they travel outside Florida (Yes they do travel well to swamp and doak) they do not travel as well as FSU and UF.

• Content Count:  849

Even? Perhaps you don't realize the amount of FSU fans and alumni in the Jacksonville area. I think there would be AT LEAST 2/3 Semenholes.

You guys underestimate the amount of bandwagoners there are in Tampa, if we finish 2nd in the Big East there will be a lot of people on our bandwagon. By the end of the college football season, the Bucs should be hanging on for dear life at sub .500 (sorry Bucs fans, but its the truth, Jeff Garcia is not gonna save the day) Tampa wants to cheer for a winner. Think about how many students that would travel to that game. Its not a very far drive.

You guys underestimate the amount of bandwagoners there are in Tampa, if we finish 2nd in the Big East there will be a lot of people on our bandwagon. By the end of the college football season, the Bucs should be hanging on for dear life at sub .500 (sorry Bucs fans, but its the truth, Jeff Garcia is not gonna save the day) Tampa wants to cheer for a winner. Think about how many students that would travel to that game. Its not a very far drive.

Bandwagon fans don't drive 3 hours to watch a game that is on a national TV network.

They'll go to RayJay, sure... but not to Jax or even Miami for a bowl game.

Archived