• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It's pretty clear to me he didn't do any steroids...Sadaharu Oh, that is.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

this oh Character sounds like a stand up guy.  Heres an excerpt from ESPN's phoniest records (his is #2 btw)

2. Oh, how unfair!

Sadaharu Oh, Japan's Babe Ruth, set the Japanese pro baseball record of 55 homers in 1964. Since then, two players -- both Americans -- have challenged and probably would have eclipsed his mark . . . if only Oh hadn't take extraordinary measures to protect his record.

In 1985, Randy Bass went into the final series of the season with 54 homers. But the opposing Tokyo Giants, managed by Sadaharu Oh, didn't allow Bass' bat to get anywhere near a baseball. They intentionally walked Bass in every at bat in the final two games, and he ended the season one shy of the record.

In 2001, it looked like a rerun. Tuffy Rhodes managed to tie Oh's mark, hitting 55 for the Kintetsu Buffaloes, but then faced another Oh-managed team that refused to give him anything to hit. Oh's pitching coach, Yoshiharu Wakana, admitted, "I didn't want a foreigner to break the record."

In 2002, another repeat -- this time with Alex Cabrera, who also hit 55 with plenty of time left in the season. He'd remain at 55 -- and Oh would remain in the record book. "They didn't want me to get the record," Cabrera said. "The last 20 at-bats of the season, I think I only saw one strike. All records are for the Japanese."

Also saying hes the all time home run leader is like saying Boise State was the national champion last season, its a reach by people who cant deal with reality. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

this oh Character sounds like a stand up guy.  Heres an excerpt from ESPN's phoniest records (his is #2 btw)

2. Oh, how unfair!

Sadaharu Oh, Japan's Babe Ruth, set the Japanese pro baseball record of 55 homers in 1964. Since then, two players -- both Americans -- have challenged and probably would have eclipsed his mark . . . if only Oh hadn't take extraordinary measures to protect his record.

In 1985, Randy Bass went into the final series of the season with 54 homers. But the opposing Tokyo Giants, managed by Sadaharu Oh, didn't allow Bass' bat to get anywhere near a baseball. They intentionally walked Bass in every at bat in the final two games, and he ended the season one shy of the record.

In 2001, it looked like a rerun. Tuffy Rhodes managed to tie Oh's mark, hitting 55 for the Kintetsu Buffaloes, but then faced another Oh-managed team that refused to give him anything to hit. Oh's pitching coach, Yoshiharu Wakana, admitted, "I didn't want a foreigner to break the record."

In 2002, another repeat -- this time with Alex Cabrera, who also hit 55 with plenty of time left in the season. He'd remain at 55 -- and Oh would remain in the record book. "They didn't want me to get the record," Cabrera said. "The last 20 at-bats of the season, I think I only saw one strike. All records are for the Japanese."

Also saying hes the all time home run leader is like saying Boise State was the national champion last season, its a reach by people who cant deal with reality.

Were either of those guys close to 869? Case closed ...... Reality is THIS is the greatest home run hitter of all time:

quote-Oh3.jpg

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so

Turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so

I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so

Turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2. Oh, how unfair!

Were either of those guys close to 869? Case closed ...... Reality is THIS is the greatest home run hitter of all time:

quote-Oh3.jpg

yup best home run hitter on the planet, in double A parks.  Great job.  He was playing in smaller parks and against lesser competition.  Ever notice what happens to guys who hit 50 in japan when they come to the MLB, they are lucky to hit 30.  So yes he is the best homerun hitter ever against weaker competition and in smaller parks. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

So yes he is the best homerun hitter ever against weaker competition and in smaller parks. 

Sounds like he's in line for one of these, too .......

asterisk_patratJPEG.jpg

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

never seen one in baseball books

where have you seen one?

Archived