• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brent Schaeffer moved to wide receiver

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Real fall from grace.  If memory serves me right he was the first freshman qb to start at UT?  I bet he regrets his decision.

http://www.rivals.com/wire.asp

Rebels' Schaeffer moves to receiver

Ole Miss quarterback Brent Schaeffer was moved to wide receiver at his request, OleMissSports.net reported.

Schaeffer practiced at the position Tuesday and will practice there again Wednesday.

Schaeffer was named starting quarterback at Ole Miss for the 2006 season before setting foot on campus but struggled in 12 starts last year. He completed only 47.1 percent of his passes and threw 10 interceptions to nine touchdowns.

Senior Seth Adams, a former walk-on, was named the starting quarterback for 2007 at the end of the spring.

For more on Schaeffer, visit The Grove.

• Content Count:  2,307

So many players that had the chance to do something here and passed because they wanted a big time school.  What ever happened to Cornelius Imgram?

• Content Count:  7,890

Real fall from grace.  If memory serves me right he was the first freshman qb to start at UT?  I bet he regrets his decision.

http://www.rivals.com/wire.asp

Rebels' Schaeffer moves to receiver

Ole Miss quarterback Brent Schaeffer was moved to wide receiver at his request, OleMissSports.net reported.

Schaeffer practiced at the position Tuesday and will practice there again Wednesday.

Schaeffer was named starting quarterback at Ole Miss for the 2006 season before setting foot on campus but struggled in 12 starts last year. He completed only 47.1 percent of his passes and threw 10 interceptions to nine touchdowns.

Senior Seth Adams, a former walk-on, was named the starting quarterback for 2007 at the end of the spring.

For more on Schaeffer, visit The Grove.

Help me out here what does this have to do with USF

• Content Count:  10,219

many are called few are chosen

But... usf keeps marching on!

some had a chance to put their stamp on history and they passed... go Grothe ! (you wanted to be a BULL when you grew up)

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I never wanted Schaeffer' his arm was't accurate, he didn't make good decisions and he had a character proble. It was the reasin why UT was so happy to drop him.

Mag, Ongram was ine of the leading receivers for UF last year.

• Content Count:  172

Mag Pie,

I believe Ingram is the starting TE for UF.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

just another stiff

• Content Count:  827

just another stiff

Thank God! You have finally realized that "stars" for a recruit mean nothing! You are always blasting Leavitt cause he doesn't get the "star" recruits. You just blew your whole theory! This guy was one of the top recruits from Fla that year.

Maybe you will finally realize "stars" don't mean $hit!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,629
  • Days Won:  29

just another stiff

Thank God! You have finally realized that "stars" for a recruit mean nothing! You are always blasting Leavitt cause he doesn't get the "star" recruits. You just blew your whole theory! This guy was one of the top recruits from Fla that year.

Maybe you will finally realize "stars" don't mean $hit!

I seriously doubt it  ;)

• Content Count:  695

Yeah it's kind of sad, but doesn't exactly surprise me. It was easy to tell at the beginning that Erik Ainge was the better QB out of the 2, and that Schaeffer was only good for running situations much like Tim Tebow at UF last year.

Ironically, he probably would have been made into a wide receiver at Tennessee and instead now he's going to be a wide reciever at one of the SEC's worst schools. At least he'll get to play along the side of Dexter McCluster though.

Archived