• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I am curious to see what you guys think about the offensive starters. Ben Williams will probably be starter for the Elon game, but then what??? We finally have a whole stable of running backs and I dont believe Benny is the best. Also, what about receiver... I like A. Jackson, T. Johnson, and Edwards, as well as Erskin in the slot. What do you guys think???

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

There will be some serious battles for starting positions ... and think our entire 2nd team is better than our 2005 starters.

Of these two positions, would say TJ is the only "for sure" starter.

Camp has yet to start and feel that Williams will not be our starter at RB.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

I would have to think that Jackson has a starting spot as well. He is by far the best athlete on the team, if not the best in the entire conference. As for RB it will be a battle. I would like it to be a running back by committee. Keep the runners fresh.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Have heard some good things about Jackson over the offseason and think Edwards will also be a strong target.

With all the guys returning, just remember the name Mitchell  :o

• Content Count:  7,890

at Running Back all three will get some serious play time this is how I  see it working out

BW - starting only because Mo is coming off a injury and Ford is a freshmen and CJL like to work Fr harder to win a starting spot

Mo comes in for 5-10 plays CJL doesn’t want to over do it with his knee

Ford gets some serious carries (its time we see what he can do)

The game is soooooooooo out of hand CJL calls fans out of the stands to run the ball

GO BULLS

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

With all of his physical gifts, I really hope that Jackson can turn into a good receiver.  His potential is limitless.  I have heard that he really got serious about improving.  He has the potential to be a dominent receiver with his size, speed and athleticism.  Hopefully he does.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams start the season, but see Samuels and Ford really get a lot of playing time and carries to knock the rust off and get their timing in game situations.  I would expect to see each get at least 18 to 20 carries against Elon.

• Content Count:  349

at Running Back all three will get some serious play time this is how I  see it working out

BW - starting only because Mo is coming off a injury and Ford is a freshmen and CJL like to work Fr harder to win a starting spot

Mo comes in for 5-10 plays CJL doesn’t want to over do it with his knee

Ford gets some serious carries (its time we see what he can do)

The game is soooooooooo out of hand CJL calls fans out of the stands to run the ball

GO BULLS

I'm gonna agree here... it would be hard to keep any of those guys out of the game unless one of them was being completely shut down for some reason. Grothe has gotta love having more than capable RBs in the backfield with him this year...

Our receiving corps is solid... Jackson had to improve just to keep up...

Johnson, Edwards, Mitchell, Love, Hester, Erskin, Jackson...

The same with the RB position... Williams, Ford, Samuels, Plancher, Cannon, Taylor....

It's hard to project the starters now... but I would say going into camp:

RB - Williams

WRs - Johnson, Edwards, Erskin

• Content Count:  1,254

Our receiving corps is solid... Jackson had to improve just to keep up...

Johnson, Edwards, Mitchell, Love, Hester, Erskin, Jackson...

The same with the RB position... Williams, Ford, Samuels, Plancher, Cannon, Taylor....

It's hard to project the starters now... but I would say going into camp:

RB - Williams

WRs - Johnson, Edwards, Erskin

Erskin reminds me a lot of Wes Welker. A good position receiver who will be thrown to when we need a first down. However, I don't see him starting.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I am curious to see what you guys think about the offensive starters. Ben Williams will probably be starter for the Elon game, but then what??? We finally have a whole stable of running backs and I dont believe Benny is the best. Also, what about receiver... I like A. Jackson, T. Johnson, and Edwards, as well as Erskin in the slot. What do you guys think???

too bad we have only one rb position

hope leavitt plays best player and not the player he likes best

Archived