• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defensive Backfield

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

Could we have the biggest DB's in the country?  At corner Trey and Gillam are the smallest (at 5"10 185 or so) for those who will see PT.  Jenkins is next at a solid 6ft 200+ pounds.  Roberts and Murphy are both over 6"1.  Then we have our safties.  My god these guys are big.  Gachette and Carlton Williams  at 6'3 and 6'4 Carlton Hill at 6'3 220, with the little one of the bunch at Nate Allen at 6"2 200 pounds.

Maybe I have my green and gold glasses on, but I don't know if their is a better (or potential to be)defensive backfield in College football.

• Content Count:  1,254

Could we have the biggest DB's in the country?  At corner Trey and Gillam are the smallest (at 5"10 185 or so) for those who will see PT.  Jenkins is next at a solid 6ft 200+ pounds.  Roberts and Murphy are both over 6"1.  Then we have our safties.  My god these guys are big.  Gachette and Carlton Williams  at 6'3 and 6'4 Carlton Hill at 6'3 220, with the little one of the bunch at Nate Allen at 6"2 200 pounds.

Maybe I have my green and gold glasses on, but I don't know if their is a better (or potential to be)defensive backfield in College football.

Losing Verpaele definitely hurts. I'm thinking you have the gold and green glasses on. I think Oklahoma has the best secondary in the nation.

• Content Count:  131

i dunno about best in the nation but we are very talented and deep. good enough to play with anyone. i think our defense will suprise many that don't think we VERY good (sec fans, smazza, ect.)

• Content Count:  4,016

I do agree with KS that losing Danny might hurt due to his headiness and leadership.  Although Gachette and Williams are juniors and the past two years we've seen glimpses of very good stuff just rarely putting it all together.  Danny was always a year ahead of these guys so maybe this is the year these two put it all together.  We probably aren't the biggest defensive backfield but we have real legitimate size and range in that size like most big time BCS programs that have big rangy safeties, and fast shifty corners.

I would say if Gachette and Williams come around and finally 'get it' bringing 100% of the game they've teased us with the past two years then this could be one of the top 10 DB's in the nation.  You've easily got one of the top 5 man cover corners in Jenkins....if those two safeties play up to snuff then look out.  That will be critical, but having Carlton Hill and Nate Allen as insurance policies will help...as well as Tyller Roberts who's smart and been in the system for three years.

We'll be a tough team to throw on, particularly if that front four can get the pressure expected.

• Content Count:  2,719

We'll be a tough team to throw on, particularly if that front four can get the pressure expected.

That's what I am looking forward to.  A good pass rush to make the DB's LOOK like the best in the nation when they intercept a ton of passes off the forced throws of the pass rush. 

• Content Count:  10,219

Could we have the biggest DB's in the country?  At corner Trey and Gillam are the smallest (at 5"10 185 or so) for those who will see PT.  Jenkins is next at a solid 6ft 200+ pounds.  Roberts and Murphy are both over 6"1.  Then we have our safties.  My god these guys are big.  Gachette and Carlton Williams   at 6'3 and 6'4 Carlton Hill at 6'3 220, with the little one of the bunch at Nate Allen at 6"2 200 pounds.

Losing Verpaele definitely hurts. I'm thinking you have the gold and green glasses on. I think Oklahoma has the best secondary in the nation.

ok we take your word for it....NOT!

size weight and maybe a little about what they did last year...hMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Archived