• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Old topic - Big East Schedule particularly Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Ok, it may be me but to rank Rutgers at the level they are for this coming season and you look at their schedule it makes you think somethings is up.  Only two top 25 teams.  USF four top 25 teams this season.  Louisville, WVA each only have two top 25 teams on schedule.

This may be a retread thought but I just saw it and it makes me glad to be a Bull not a wimp.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Rutgers schedule the next few seasons is just weak. army, navy, and I-AA out of conference. Plus exciting games with MAC type. But we cant say much next years schedule isn't exactly a gem.

• Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, it may be me but to rank Rutgers at the level they are for this coming season and you look at their schedule it makes you think somethings is up.  Only two top 25 teams.  USF four top 25 teams this season.  Louisville, WVA each only have two top 25 teams on schedule.

This may be a retread thought but I just saw it and it makes me glad to be a Bull not a wimp.

Look at it this when the schedule was first put together a few years ago, most would say the schedule was challenging for RU, but because of their recent success its now considered questionable.  Think about this, last year UNC and Illinois were bad teams, but at the time RU agreed to the games Illinois was in the top 4 of the Big 10 in the late 90s/early 2000s.  UNC had Mack Brown and some very good UNC teams battling FSU for the ACC title, but now fast forward to '06 and people are questioning RU for scheduling them.  Things go in cycles and this is one them.  Maryland was a game from playing in the ACC championship, but yet they are not given any respect this year. 

Army and Navy are tradition games going back to yesteryear with RU.  ND has Army and Navy every year too.  I guess its like USF and UCF rivalry.

• Content Count:  209

Rutgers schedule the next few seasons is just weak. army, navy, and I-AA out of conference. Plus exciting games with MAC type. But we cant say much next years schedule isn't exactly a gem.

For what it worth (you and many others will b*tch anyway), RU has UNC schedule for '08, '10 and '11.  They have Maryland this year and '09.  ND and RU have agreed (details to be workout) in principal for a 7 game series starting in '10.  Michigan St. was in talks with RU to continue the series after the '04 meeting.  MSU stop after the '04, but did agree to revisit the talks after the '07 season for the series to possibly start again by '10.  RU schedule is the most incomplete schedule in the Big East for any season after the '09 season.  Btw, RU will not restart they series against Penn St. even though both sides go back to pre BE/Big 10 days.  JoePa is too controlling with his demands of a 3 for 1 series or something like that, so RU will pass until he retires.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Your 2008 schedule also includes Buffalo, Navy, Army along with UNC. Add a D-IAA team in and you probably have the weakest schedule in the BCS. I do like the ND agreement though if ND would wuite being a stickler about the amount of games in the MEadowlands it could be very good.

Yes, USF's schedule is pretty brutal in 2008, TN- Martin, FIU, Kansas, NCST, and UCF isn't anything to brag about but we pick it up some in 2009, and in 2010 there are some top BCS teams that wouldn't wish our OOC schedule on themselves.

• Content Count:  400

i think RU's schedule makes their season last year look like a big sham.  They only really had 1 impressive win, which was the UL game at home.. sure, they beat us, but I'll be the first to admit we are not an elite team.. at least we are building our program by not shying away from the heavy hitters.

RU can get away with weak schedules with their excuse that they benefit from major media market exposure.  Last yr's cinderella record + their media market = an overhyped program.  I'd like to see them win a game on the road against a ranked opponent.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

RU loses one game to a mediocre Big East opponent (USF, Pitt, Cincinnati), and their season will fall like a house of cards.  You can't hide with a schedule that weak, unless you win ALL of your games.  RU won't win all of their games.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Cheap wins give you the illusion of being really good when people only look at your record. And RU likes to live on the edge - eventually you start losing your share of those games.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

So what you're saying is...no more "Cinderella" seasons?!?!

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Nice comments.  I gleened some good points.

Archived