• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Old topic - Big East Schedule particularly Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

Here's a link to a pdf that shows the Big east future schedules from '08 thru 2015. All the teams schedules are not complete at this point, but it gives a fairly good indicator of OOC scheduling. BCS teams are in bold btw..

http://dailymail.com/static/bigeastfb.pdf

BCS teams scheduled so far;

Cincy = 11

Connecticut = 13

Louisville = 9

Pitt = 18

Rutgers = 4

USF = 13

Orange = 19

WVa = 10

Syracuse is the most complete, their BCS looks to be strong if all those teams remain equal or close to current ratings.

Pitt pulls in a close second only because they have Nostrl Dumb scheduled for the next 8.

USF , because of the series with UM pulls in close to Pitt, depending on how the rest of the schedule fills out I think USF can move in to a tie with the Orange.

Just my feeble observations, but as stated they are incomplete, so lots of room for change.

Another point of interest..  Connecticut has the 5th easiest schedule in the top 10 easiest for 07.  Heres a link..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2924383

5. CONNECTICUT: The Huskies might have put together a tougher schedule by returning to the Atlantic 10. Their nonconference schedule includes games against Division I-AA Maine and two of the worst I-A teams -- Duke and Temple. The Huskies play seven of their 12 games at home, including key Big East dates against Louisville and Syracuse.

Nonconference opponents: Duke (road), Maine (home), Temple (home), Akron (home), Virginia (road)

Toughest game: at West Virginia, Nov. 24

Easiest game: vs. Maine, Sept. 8

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This isn't exactly one of those years where the BE can puff their chests out about out of conference schedules.

• Content Count:  209

I realize talking about this topic is a respectful way doesn't go far with USF fan.  I know most on here are set in the ways about RU because a lot of USF fans feel RU stole their thunder last year, but they didn't.  USF didn't take care of business on the field against lesser competion like Kansas and struggle against McNeese St.  That was the biggest enemy of USF in the eye of the media.  You guys are picking on the wrong team/people.  RU has nothing to do with you success or failures.  Picking on their schedule is a cheap shot at you teams lack of ability to get it done on the field.  All it takes is completing the schedule in a strong way and you're in with the media. 

While you're at it blame ND for more football problems of USF since the have some ties to the BE.   

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

BCS teams scheduled so far;

Cincy = 11

Connecticut = 13

Louisville = 9

Pitt = 18

Rutgers = 4

USF = 13

Orange = 19

WVa = 10

• Content Count:  400

I realize talking about this topic is a respectful way doesn't go far with USF fan.  I know most on here are set in the ways about RU because a lot of USF fans feel RU stole their thunder last year, but they didn't.  USF didn't take care of business on the field against lesser competion like Kansas and struggle against McNeese St.  That was the biggest enemy of USF in the eye of the media.  You guys are picking on the wrong team/people.  RU has nothing to do with you success or failures.  Picking on their schedule is a cheap shot at you teams lack of ability to get it done on the field.  All it takes is completing the schedule in a strong way and you're in with the media. 

While you're at it blame ND for more football problems of USF since the have some ties to the BE.   

wrong.. 1st of all, why is a colorado fan commenting about RU?  2nd, a team like Wisconsin finished last yr with only 1 loss (michigan), and RU got a hell of a lot more publicity in the media.. why? cuz RU is in the NYC market.  I dont care if they steal our thunder, it is what it is.. but their record against creampuffs + NYC media market = overhyped program.. like what T.O. said about jeff garcia: if it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, it's a rat. if RU was located in madison, wisconsin, and beat those same people, no one would even notice.

I can't resist, Ratgers look out!!  they'll steal yer cheese.  :ROFLMAO

Sorry. . it's late, and it just sounded funny..

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf has no one to blame but themselves

ru came into tampa and beat us

wrong.. 1st of all, why is a colorado fan commenting about RU?  2nd, a team like Wisconsin finished last yr with only 1 loss (michigan), and RU got a hell of a lot more publicity in the media.. why? cuz RU is in the NYC market.  I dont care if they steal our thunder, it is what it is.. but their record against creampuffs + NYC media market = overhyped program.. like what T.O. said about jeff garcia: if it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, it's a rat. if RU was located in madison, wisconsin, and beat those same people, no one would even notice.

Archived