• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hotel for FAU Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  420
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone,

I have some exciting news. In anticipation of USF’s October 6 football match up with FAU, the USF Alumni Association has secured group pricing for a block of rooms at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Boulevard in Ft. Lauderdale.  The Riverside Hotel is in the midst of fantastic nightlife, shopping and is a short distance to Lockhart Stadium and the beach.  An added weekend bonus includes the nationally acclaimed Las Olas Fall Art Fair October 6 and 7.  You can find more information about the art fair at http://artfestival.com/art_festival/oct_2007_1.php.  You may choose to stay Sunday for this event.

To reserve your room at the Riverside Hotel and join in the festivities with alumni from around the country, call 954.467.0671 or 800.827.1585, ask for reservations and mention that you are with USF alumni.  Because of the game and the art fair, rooms will sell out quickly, so I encourage you to act now.  Guests will be responsible for their own transportation.

We will release information shortly about our hotel space for UConn and Syracuse.

Will you please pass this information along to your friends and members of your alumni group as we cheer on USF!

Thanks,

Merrell '87

Merrell T. Dickey, MA, MDiv

Director of Chapters and Corporate Relations

USF Alumni Association

Gibbons Alumni Center

University of South Florida

4202 E. Fowler Ave.,  ALC 100

Tampa, FL 33620-5455

(813) 974-8842

(813) 974-2245 Fax

Mdickey@admin.usf.edu

http://www.USFalumni.org

Guest r_to_the_izzo

How far is the hotel from the stadium? I literally just got back from las olas blvd and it wasn't anything to brag about. Absoultely no where to park, alot of the shops were closed/closing, handfulls of others only open up in late October/November when the snow birds head back.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

That's a long taxi drive =/

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

LaQuinta + 1/8 mile to stadium + Chili's > shopping

I'm an engineer and keep life simple

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Las Olas is an awesome area, though... think the Channelside of Fort Lauderdale, but better, and near the ocean too.

Depends on what your preferences are.

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

There's a Travelodge on Commercial Blvd. across the street from the stadium but I'd only recommend it if you're doing nothing else and just want to stay within walking distance.  Otherwise I'd recommend staying at the beach.

Archived