• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who's flying out to Europe this summer?

Don Toro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

I'm leaving in four weeks for Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Prague, and Rome.  First time in the last three cities so if anybody has any advice please let me know. Those are going to be some three long weeks without the board, but I'll make it.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Get a Eurorail pass (if they still have them).  Look for the smaller hotels in the center of the action.  Once in Rome, I stayed in a hotel one block off of Via della Conciliazione (the main road to the Vatican).  Nice, big room, and not very expensive.

• Content Count:  6,928

I'm leaving in four weeks for Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Prague, and Rome.  First time in the last three cities so if anybody has any advice please let me know. Those are going to be some three long weeks without the board, but I'll make it.

What? I spent last summer in Spain, France and Switzerland and hit the internet cafes and kept up with this board. It gave me a sense of home. The only downer (just kidding) was one day in Bern, Switzerland I was wearing my USF hat and a guy from Mickey Mouse college came up to me and introduced himself. He had a BA degree and was touring Europe playing guitar in cafes for tips. Go figure.

• Content Count:  1,981

Those are going to be some three long weeks without the board, but I'll make it.

What? I spent last summer in Spain, France and Switzerland and hit the internet cafes and kept up with this board. It gave me a sense of home. The only downer (just kidding) was one day in Bern, Switzerland I was wearing my USF hat and a guy from Mickey Mouse college came up to me and introduced himself. He had a BA degree and was touring Europe playing guitar in cafes for tips. Go figure.

I stayed away from the board this past December while abroad because I had all the post-USF bowl games on TIVO, that was hell. I was going through board withdrawal. I might check the board a few nights, but it is a pain to use those foreign keyboards.

Get a Eurorail pass (if they still have them).  Look for the smaller hotels in the center of the action.  Once in Rome, I stayed in a hotel one block off of Via della Conciliazione (the main road to the Vatican).  Nice, big room, and not very expensive.

Thanks Apis. They still have they eurorail passes but now people are traveling through cheap air. It's crazy, I found a ticket from Berlin to Rome for $30, Amsterdam to Prague for $60! You get what you paid for though, there are no seat assignments, you pay for drinks/meals, but it's well worth it. I'll check out that area in Rome you recommended. I got a Marriott for cheap (thanks to my g/f that works for them!) but it is way out of the city at least 30 minutes, so I'll just cancel that one.

Has anyone visited Berlin?

• Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  1

Jawhol!  Berlin is awesome.  A true dicotomy of new and old.  East Berlin is just what you expect from old world Soviet Union except Western Society has taken over.  I ate at Schlotzky's in East Berlin in the shadow of checkpoint charlie.  Architecture is better in E Berlin.  Walk the wall line and soak up the history.  Plus Biergartens are awesome to sit outside and just enjoy.  Munich is better, but Berlin has the history.  Go to Potsdam and Sansoucci outside of the city.

Archived