• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GO MARLINS!!! 2X World Series Champs

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Just wanted to put this out there for all the fish fans on Bullspen.

If any of you rays fans get tired of losing, you can jump on board with The Florida Marlins

May 18th-20th - Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis and The Florida Marlins come to town to play the D-Rays.

GO FISH!!!

GO BULLS!!!

I'll be there......... Went to both games during both World Series. Something Rays fans will never get to do. Game 7 in 97 was amazing.

How much of an ECU fan do you sound like?  Quit living in the past that World Series was a few years ago and hardly relevant now.  You know Princeton ranks right up with there ND and Alabama for football championships, hardly seems relevant to any of those teams now though does it?

As far as the Rays never winning a world series, thats awful presumptuous statement isn't it? Never after all is a very, very long time.  I wonder how many Green Bay or Chicago fans said the Bucs would never win a Super Bowl or how many Flyers fans said the Lightning would never win a Stanley Cup.  Such all encompassing predictions just seem silly  

Go if USF wins a Natl Title we can only be proud of that for that offseason I guess.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

If any of you rays fans get tired of losing, you can jump on board with The Florida Marlins

Tampa Bay  7 11

Florida         8 10

Thanks anyway, but if I'm going to jump on a bandwagon I'll pick one with a record a LOT better than ours.

Guest wildrover

May 18th-20th - Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis and The Florida Marlins come to town to play the D-Rays.

GO FISH!!!

GO BULLS!!!

I'll be there......... Went to both games during both World Series. Something Rays fans will never get to do. Game 7 in 97 was amazing.

How much of an ECU fan do you sound like?  Quit living in the past that World Series was a few years ago and hardly relevant now.  You know Princeton ranks right up with there ND and Alabama for football championships, hardly seems relevant to any of those teams now though does it?

As far as the Rays never winning a world series, thats awful presumptuous statement isn't it? Never after all is a very, very long time.  I wonder how many Green Bay or Chicago fans said the Bucs would never win a Super Bowl or how many Flyers fans said the Lightning would never win a Stanley Cup.  Such all encompassing predictions just seem silly  

Go if USF wins a Natl Title we can only be proud of that for that offseason I guess.

YOu can be proud of it as long as you wish but to use it as validation for the following years team ahhhh not so much.  

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

GO FISH!!!

GO BULLS!!!

marlins bought that world series and then ripped the fans hearts out afterwards.

i was much more impressed with the 2nd title.

and never say never, but the rays have a much tougher road to go by playing in the AL east.  if they were in the NL east they would be contending for the pennant this season.

by the way...the marlins wont even have a team in 3 years.  so you might want to be kinder to the rays because they will be the only team left in the state.

• Content Count:  2,726

by the way...the marlins wont even have a team in 3 years.  so you might want to be kinder to the rays because they will be the only team left in the state.

Links?  All I see is that the City of Miami is finally giving up the $$ for a state of the art facility for the FISH in downtown MIA.

The Florida Marlins arent going anywhere...they just need a Stadium, the fan support has been getting better.  BTW: We always sell out in the playoffs.  Its just hard to get people to that crappy stadium in such a CRAPPY part of town...with such young unknown(but talented) players.  

I'll give it to Tampa, they have a great Ball-park.  But you need talented players to win and compete in the majors.  

As for the AL East and NL East...well, its a non-issue.  We've both beat up the yankees and each other.  You cant make comparisons like: Yankees=Mets is the same as the Devil Rays=Marlins.  Marlins are better, period. :P

Remember, I still love the Bulls!  Don't call me a bandwagoner...

GO FISH & BULLS!!!

Guest wildrover

You cant make comparisons like: Yankees=Mets is the same as the Devil Rays=Marlins.  Marlins are better, period. :P

GO FISH & BULLS!!!

No they are not, so nay nay boo boo

• Content Count:  958

Links?  All I see is that the City of Miami is finally giving up the $$ for a state of the art facility for the FISH in downtown MIA.

The Florida Marlins arent going anywhere...they just need a Stadium, the fan support has been getting better.  BTW: We always sell out in the playoffs.  Its just hard to get people to that crappy stadium in such a CRAPPY part of town...with such young unknown(but talented) players.  

I'll give it to Tampa, they have a great Ball-park.  But you need talented players to win and compete in the majors.  

As for the AL East and NL East...well, its a non-issue.  We've both beat up the yankees and each other.  You cant make comparisons like: Yankees=Mets is the same as the Devil Rays=Marlins.  Marlins are better, period. :P

GO FISH & BULLS!!!

why would you attach someones rhetoric and then apply your own rhetoric to the conversation?

-"marlins wont have a team"

-"yes we will in downtown miami"

you shouldnt ask for links if you cant provide them yourself...everyone knows there are rumors which support both the marlins being relocated and just as many rumors of the marlins getting a new home in the south florida area.

"I'll give it to Tampa, they have a great Ball-park."

It's in st. pete and its a nice field, but it certainly isnt great.  A great ball-park would be a retractable stadium in downtown tampa.

"But you need talented players to win and compete in the majors. "

You are an idiot.  You have no idea what you are talking about.    The rays for once actually have an extremely talented team with a bright future, we just lack depth in the bullpen.  We just kicked the yankees out of town.  And now the rays and marlins have the same record.  Difference is, we play in the al east, the best division in baseball.

the marlins pitching might actually be worse then the rays.  specially after Willis is out of town, which can happen are early as the all star break this year but its a sure bet in the off season.

we all know who has the better outfield.  the fish have miggy.  

i still say the rays are better and if they got to play in the NL they would have a better record.

Guest wildrover

I personally don't think the Rays starting pitching is really all that bad.  Its that **** bull pen that makes me nervous.  Losing the game to Cleveland on Sunday the way they did after shields had 12 (or was it 13) k's.  That was heartbreaking

Archived